Tesla fire

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
So now we’re talking about accidents where fuel tank is ruptured.

That’s a big difference from something sitting in someone’s garage or parking space and igniting on its own. Are you telling me you’ve seen gasoline powered vehicles just spontaneously ignite while sitting still in the garage?

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
So now we’re talking about accidents where fuel tank is ruptured.

That’s a big difference from something sitting in someone’s garage or parking space and igniting on its own. Are you telling me you’ve seen gasoline powered vehicles just spontaneously ignite while sitting still in the garage?
Back in '85 I watched my buddy's car burn while it was parked in front of the band house on By the Mill Rd. He wasn't the smartest one in the bunch, and I think he had just wired in a new amp. Started under the hood dripping burning plastic on the street. Fully involved before the fire truck arrived. His mommy bought him a new one...

Grumpy

Fully involved before the fire truck arrived. His mommy bought him a new one...
Don't ya just hate crap like that?? Friend in high school had his mother buy him a brand new 69 427 vet, wasn't long before he totaled it so within a week she bought him a Mach 1 Mustang. I remember, at the time, I was far from jealous as some might think, I just thought his mother was nuts.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Don't ya just hate crap like that?? Friend in high school had his mother buy him a brand new 69 427 vet, wasn't long before he totaled it so within a week she bought him a Mach 1 Mustang. I remember, at the time, I was far from jealous as some might think, I just thought his mother was nuts.
When the nephew was in high school I can’t remember him telling me about some of his classmates graduation gifts of brand new cars.

I don’t think any of them ever appreciated it like they would have had they earned it.

Grumpy

When the nephew was in high school I can’t remember him telling me about some of his classmates graduation gifts of brand new cars.

I don’t think any of them ever appreciated it like they would have had they earned it.
:lol: Have a niece that once she got her license at 16 refused her father's gift of a 5 year old Cougar (I think, it was his car, nice, not a hoopty) because it was ugly.

Last edited:

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron

My friend's son just got his license and bought his first car, an 80s El Camino. She told him that she thought he should drive her spare SUV until he gets used to driving. He told her he had planned to all along. He doesn't want to put the extra miles on his or take a chance on getting into an accident with it. :lol:

Grumpy

A little expanding of this story with the Vette. At the time, I had a 350 Honda motorcycle, my friend had apparently gotten tired of his vette and was interested in getting a cycle. He suggested we swap for a weekend..of course I said no..haha..right...Anyway I had his vette all weekend, put about 300 miles on it. Met up with this friend at another friends house on Sunday night, I took my bike and left, half hour later he left and broke the vette in 2 sliding off a country road into a tree. He was badly bruised but okay..Soooo, next day, Monday, he wants to go look at cars, so we pile (me and another friend) into his mothers 68 Charger..We are on the outer loop of the beltway coming up on the BW parkway when we get cut off and get knocked over the guard rail and rolled down an enbankment. No seat belts but none of us were hurt but a totaled Charger..3 days later he had a new Mach 1.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
A little expanding of this story with the Vette. At the time, I had a 350 Honda motorcycle, my friend had apparently gotten tired of his vette and was interested in getting a cycle. He suggested we swap for a weekend..of course I said no..haha..right...Anyway I had his vette all weekend, put about 300 miles on it. Met up with this friend at another friends house on Sunday night, I took my bike and left, half hour later he left and broke the vette in 2 sliding off a country road into a tree. He was badly bruised but okay..Soooo, next day, Monday, he wants to go look at cars, so we pile (me and another friend) into his mothers 68 Charger..We are on the outer loop of the beltway coming up on the BW parkway when we get cut off and get knocked over the guard rail and rolled down an enbankment. No seat belts but none of us were hurt but a totaled Charger..3 days later he had a new Mach 1.
Hence your love of Corvettes.