Tesla is offering solar panels to rent from $50 a month after installations took a massive dive

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
Tesla is relaunching its solar business with a panel-rental program, CEO Elon Musk announced on Twitter on Sunday.

The rental plan will be available in California, Arizona, Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Jersey, and New Mexico, according to the Associated Press.

Rental rates will start at $50 a month, with customers paying $65 in California. Musk added that the plan would come to Europe next year.

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
Yes, I know, there's a reason for this. Still thought it was funny, though.

--- End of line (MCP)

glhs837

Power with Control
If we lived in a better area for it, I might be tempted by the new solar tiles with a couple of powerwalls. I think most if not all of the solar issues date back to Solar City and not direct Tesla products.

About those bricked cars. I'm curious to see how it's handled. Also would like to see exactly how many cars we are talking about. It's worth it to read the comments on that linked article, some good information in there.

PeoplesElbow

If we lived in a better area for it, I might be tempted by the new solar tiles with a couple of powerwalls. I think most if not all of the solar issues date back to Solar City and not direct Tesla products.

About those bricked cars. I'm curious to see how it's handled. Also would like to see exactly how many cars we are talking about. It's worth it to read the comments on that linked article, some good information in there.
If it was me paying for solar panels that they would not fix or my car being bricked I would not care about the details just that they have handled both these situations very very poorly.