Tesla's Cybertruck launch went off the rails when its 'armor glass' windows were easily smashed in a live test

glhs837

Power with Control
Which doesn't explain why the rear window shattered in exactly the same manner.

More likely explanation, the mockup didn't actually have the armor glass and the guy throwing the ball went off-script.

I wasnt trying to connect the sledge with the broken window, just pointing out that the door took that shot without any damage. That wasnt the mockup, that was the actual truck, same one that was driving folks around after the event, I think. They uploaded a video of them testing the windows, but that test showed the windows as being down a few inches....... thats what I think went wrong, they didnt test to conditions.

officeguy

I wasnt trying to connect the sledge with the broken window, just pointing out that the door took that shot without any damage.

The sledge to the door Was Elon Musks excuse for the failed windows. He thinks everyone else is stupid.

They uploaded a video of them testing the windows, but that test showed the windows as being down a few inches....... thats what I think went wrong, they didnt test to conditions.

Bulletproof window that's only bulletproof while cranked down. Yeah, that's the ticket.

'We obviously have some homework to do and we will investigate whether the glazing in the prototype was conforming to specifications'

Last edited:

glhs837

Power with Control
The sledge to the door Was Elon Musks excuse for the failed windows. He thinks everyone else is stupid.

Bulletproof window that's only bulletproof while cranked down. Yeah, that's the ticket.

'We obviously have some homework to do and we will investigate whether the glazing in the prototype was conforming to specifications'
[/QUOTE]
[/QUOTE]

I agree that blaming the sledge was stupid. That said, people keep saying the glass is bulletproof, or supposed to be. And no, thats the skin thats "bulletproof", although of course it's not going to be certified as such. The windows, named "armorglass", have never been said to be bulletproof. What they are is tougher than regualr autoglass, or should be. Here's a demo from the Semi rollout, which lso uses armorglass. Thats a 2 inch ball and hitch receiver unless I'm mistaken. That is what you were supposed to see. Why you didnt is a good question.

http://www.brendanbellomo.com/tesla-glass

glhs837

Power with Control
Bit of CT humor....