Texas A&M Staffer punches opposing player

Larry Gude

Strung Out
The only thing surprising is the level of self control over so many games of all levels. For one thing, this was pretty much a nothing event. Guys get smacked WAY harder, all the time. By team mates for making fairly average plays. Cheap chit? Sure but, not much to write home about. Football is a geeked-up, violent, often frustrating game where emotions fly, barely contained.

This is nothing AND amazingly rare. :shrug:

PeoplesElbow

The only thing surprising is the level of self control over so many games of all levels. For one thing, this was pretty much a nothing event. Guys get smacked WAY harder, all the time. By team mates for making fairly average plays. Cheap chit? Sure but, not much to write home about. Football is a geeked-up, violent, often frustrating game where emotions fly, barely contained.

This is nothing AND amazingly rare. :shrug:

What I find shocking about it is that it was not a player. Even a player just standing on the sidelines shouldn't do it, I find that sort of thing somewhat acceptable from players actively involved in the play, but certainly not a staff member.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
What I find shocking about it is that it was not a player. Even a player just standing on the sidelines shouldn't do it, I find that sort of thing somewhat acceptable from players actively involved in the play, but certainly not a staff member.

The guy is an ex player. He got excited. :shrug: