Texas restaurant kicks out couple who wore masks to protect their at-risk son

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Texas restaurant kicks out couple who wore masks to protect their at-risk son

A Texas restaurant tossed out a couple who wore face coverings to protect their immunocompromised 4-month-old son — and its owner is defending the move, saying, “I don’t want masks in here.”

Natalie Wester and her husband went to Hang Time Bar & Grill in Rowlett earlier this month with some friends to let loose, but the new parents decided to mask up out of an abundance of caution due to their at-risk child at home, who has cystic fibrosis, KTVT reported.

“If you’ve ever been new parents, having those couple of hours out like once or twice a month is so important for your mental health,” Wester told the station Saturday.

But hopes of a relaxing, stress-free outing were dashed when a waitress told the fully vaccinated couple they’d need to take off their masks as part of the restaurant’s dress code, Wester said.

Hmm Why are you going out in public if your so scared because you kid is Immuno compromised

MASKS DO NOT WORK ....... besides the ENTIRE Narrative has been YOU Masking is to Protect Others .. not the other way around

[Thanks RoseRed]

Last edited:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
No more or less ridiculous than any of the mask mandates.

Hats off to the restaurant owner.

rio

While I completely agree that masks really don't help protect us, and that the restaurant owner has every right to run his business his way, I don't like that he kicked them out of the restaurant. Just as people like a lot of us here keep saying, we want a choice. If the couple chose to wear masks without demanding everyone else do so, then let them. They should be allowed to make a decision based on their circumstances as we should all be. I don't think it's right or fair for me to be told to mask up when I believe it's pointless, but if you want to mask up to feel better about yourself it's not going to bother me. I may think you're an idiot, but hey, you're obviously ok with that.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I think they should have just gone to another restaurant instead of making a big stink and alerting the press in fauxrage. Haven't the mask nazis been telling us for over a year that business owners can put any kind of conditions on their customers they want?

"It's a private business! Do you bitch about no shirt/shoes too?? :bawl: "

So bite me.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
That's the way i feel. If Someone wants to wear a mask for reasons other than holding up a bank, I don't care.
That's just it. How do you know what their intentions are? I'm sure the people who are so fond of hoodies love the mask mandates. What better cover? Walk into an establishment with your face concealed and if it looks like an easy score, whip out the 9 and get paid.