• Texas

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Oklahoma

Votes: 6 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Larry Gude

Strung Out

No, not obvious at all when you look at the October 11th game.

...if it was a one game season, I would agree. However, when you look at common opponents, the whole season, it changes things. If you argue that Texas is better than Oklahoma then you have to argue that Texas Tech is better than Texas, right?

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
And Alabama is better than either, right? All I said was it isn't obvious based on the earlier matchup.

So in an attempt to prove your point you make a one game argument for an unrelated team, nice going there Andy Gude. :biggrin:

Larry Gude

Strung Out

And Alabama is better than either, right? All I said was it isn't obvious based on the earlier matchup.

So in an attempt to prove your point you make a one game argument for an unrelated team, nice going there Andy Gude. :biggrin:

...it's not fair to bust on me for following your argument. To me, OK is CLEARLY better, no doubt, based on the season to date. The one game argument is yours, not mine. All I did was disprove it.

Ha.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
...it's not fair to bust on me for following your argument. To me, OK is CLEARLY better, no doubt, based on the season to date. The one game argument is yours, not mine. All I did was disprove it.

Ha.
No, you asked which was obviously better between the two. Given that one has beaten the other the obvious is oblivious.

xusnret

Between the horns and sooners the horns have a far better balanced team. OU has some very serious issues on special teams and defense that can be exploited. Texas did it once already and MU is going after them this weekend. This wouldn't even be and issue if the horns didn't get caught like a dear in the headlights against TT. Thank Mack the clown Brown for that one. Watch MU pull it off and win the B12 championship and knocking both OU and UT out of contention for the title game. Gators and Tide in the championship game.

thurley42

HY;FR
Between the horns and sooners the horns have a far better balanced team. OU has some very serious issues on special teams and defense that can be exploited. Texas did it once already and MU is going after them this weekend. This wouldn't even be and issue if the horns didn't get caught like a dear in the headlights against TT. Thank Mack the clown Brown for that one. Watch MU pull it off and win the B12 championship and knocking both OU and UT out of contention for the title game. Gators and Tide in the championship game.

I agree with some of what you said, but the fact that Mizzou couldn't hold the jock of any of those South teams you just mentioned makes it impossible for that outcome to happen. OU will blow Mizzou out of the water much like it did TTU.

xusnret

I agree with some of what you said, but the fact that Mizzou couldn't hold the jock of any of those South teams you just mentioned makes it impossible for that outcome to happen. OU will blow Mizzou out of the water much like it did TTU.

That is what they said when the Wildcats Buttwhooped OU and when CU slammed UT in the championship games, don't count your chickens just yet. ALL is pure speculation

My vote would have to go to Oklahoma. The head to head argument doesn't hold much weight because all three (TT, UT and UO) have lost to one of the others.

For my money, Oklahoma and Florida are the best two teams in the country. It's obvious whomever wins the SEC championship will be in the national championship, as will Oklahoma if they beat Missouri. If Missouri wins, I think we'll see Texas in the title game.

Beta84

They're out to get us
OU looked like the better team, even in the game against Texas, but the final score is what matters...45-35. OU was a little more impressive in their other games, but Texas is a last second miracle play away from being undefeated and unquestioned. I voted Texas because on field results matter to me, even if I do think OU is a slightly better team.

Whether Bama is better or not won't really matter (unless we get a good Sugar Bowl matchup out of it). The Gators will be wiping the floor with everyone and put all of these arguments to rest.

Beta84

They're out to get us

Mizzou would have finished no better than 5th in the South. OU, TT, UT, and OSU were all better teams this year. But OU has choked in big games before. Don't forget about that clunker against KState in the Big 12 championship game a few years ago...undefeated, best team in the country, KSU didn't belong on the same field...but somehow stomped OU. :shrug:

thurley42

HY;FR
Mizzou would have finished no better than 5th in the South. OU, TT, UT, and OSU were all better teams this year. But OU has choked in big games before. Don't forget about that clunker against KState in the Big 12 championship game a few years ago...undefeated, best team in the country, KSU didn't belong on the same field...but somehow stomped OU. :shrug:

I agree with everything you just said....they have choked before, and their defense is lacking to say the least. However I don't think Mizzou's defense can keep OU under 50 points.....

Larry Gude

Strung Out

OU looked like the better team, even in the game against Texas, but the final score is what matters...45-35. OU was a little more impressive in their other games, but Texas is a last second miracle play away from being undefeated and unquestioned. .

...that's a good point.