Thank god for barn managers and barn staff!

Thomas99

This goes out to all those barn managers that work so hard keeping the horses warm and with water(unfrozen)! I would like everyone reading this thread to stop and appreciate those people that are freezing thier buns off for you...Think about it...you may pay between 275 to 375 a month(seems to be the going rate for full care) which breaks down to 8- 12 dollars a day in a 31 day month. That price includes hay and grain not to mention all the other things that are barn expenses. When you take out that stuff the barn might make 3 or 4 dollars per horse per day! Is that enough or should we thank our barn staff for being wonderful?

Even if you don't have barn staff- take a moment and thank those that have fed for you. Horses- 24/7 (lotta work) but its the people that make it happen! :howdy:

K

Katie

I am up at the farm every single night and all the barn staff work so hard to keep the buckets full and stalls cleaned.

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
Hehe, my guys are at my house. I've got 6 critters out there I'm taking care of...can I pat my own back :)

Dang. I wish I could pay my self too. I could use the extra cash. :) :) Stay warm everybody!

mingiz

Horse Poor
Phyxius said:
Hehe, my guys are at my house. I've got 6 critters out there I'm taking care of...can I pat my own back :)

Dang. I wish I could pay my self too. I could use the extra cash. :) :) Stay warm everybody!

:yeahthat:
I have 4 I get up at 3am go out take care of them then me then off to work by 5am. Repeat in afternoon...But I wouldn't have it any other way :lmao:

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
Thomas99 said:
This goes out to all those barn managers that work so hard keeping the horses warm and with water(unfrozen)! I would like everyone reading this thread to stop and appreciate those people that are freezing thier buns off for you...Think about it...you may pay between 275 to 375 a month(seems to be the going rate for full care) which breaks down to 8- 12 dollars a day in a 31 day month. That price includes hay and grain not to mention all the other things that are barn expenses. When you take out that stuff the barn might make 3 or 4 dollars per horse per day! Is that enough or should we thank our barn staff for being wonderful?

Even if you don't have barn staff- take a moment and thank those that have fed for you. Horses- 24/7 (lotta work) but its the people that make it happen! :howdy:

To myself, :love: :lmao: .

You are very right, itsa lot of work.... especially in the cold. :flowers: To all who care for our four legged equine family.

T

TWHFAN1

mingiz said:
:yeahthat:
I have 4 I get up at 3am go out take care of them then me then off to work by 5am. Repeat in afternoon...But I wouldn't have it any other way :lmao:

:dude: ME TOO! Well I don't get up untill 6 a.m., but I would give my job to anyone! Even when it is 15 DeGrees, all the buckets and troughs are frozen and so are my hands! For the morning nickers and slobber kisses make the beginning of my day a joy! But I did used to board and God bless all the caring folks who take care and responsibility for our "children! "

K

Katie

TWHFAN1 said:
:dude: ME TOO! Well I don't get up untill 6 a.m., but I would give my job to anyone! Even when it is 15 DeGrees, all the buckets and troughs are frozen and so are my hands! For the morning nickers and slobber kisses make the beginning of my day a joy! But I did used to board and God bless all the caring folks who take care and responsibility for our "children! "

I wish I could have my guy at home. Being able to go out on a sleepless night and groom them. Watching them graze out in the field from the kitchen. I don't think Hickory Hills would go for a horse in my backyard. Oh well, I had horses at home when I lived in Mass.

CaliGirl

I am not used to this weather at all. It is a hard job on a nice sunny and warm day let alone way below freezing weather.

Please tell me this is not the norm around here!

Pats on the back to all the local barn staff working their tails off :high5: