Thank you Larry, Xi Ping Pong and SMCHD!

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Another victim of this ridiculous reaction to the Chinese Flu.

Quade’s store is shutting down. This will be their last weekend.
Oh crap..really?? That's beyond sucking...

Tall Timbers...Ruddy Duck...Stoney's...they are dropping like flies...

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Are you sure TT is down for good? Last I saw he was riding it out.

Also which Ruddy Duck - not the one in Solomons?
When we had the M&G there recently, Carlos (I think) came around to our tables and told the group that the Solomons location would be closing down, but for the foreseeable future, the TT location would remain open. At least that is what I personally heard. @Bann ?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
When we had the M&G there recently, Carlos (I think) came around to our tables and told the group that the Solomons location would be closing down, but for the foreseeable future, the TT location would remain open. At least that is what I personally heard. @Bann ?
Yep..that’s exactly what Carlos told us. Plan to keep the SGI location open. As for Tall Timbers, they have no plans to reopen. Chiefs is open again and appears to be hanging in there.

frequentflier

happy to be living

It will be a shame if and when they close. They went through so much to open and had a thriving business for many years. I feel bad because I haven't been back there since we all broke bread and shared laughs and lies there. Having been to a couple of other restaurants in the area, I don't think any of them are doing that well.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Yep..that’s exactly what Carlos told us. Plan to keep the SGI location open. As for Tall Timbers, they have no plans to reopen. Chiefs is open again and appears to be hanging in there.
Thanx for the info. I'm sure he has a reasoning, but there is so much more invested in the Solomons location, the microbrews, etc... and more easily accessible. Maybe they'll continue to brew for the other SGI location?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Thanx for the info. I'm sure he has a reasoning, but there is so much more invested in the Solomons location, the microbrews, etc... and more easily accessible. Maybe they'll continue to brew for the other SGI location?
Didn't get a chance to ask what their plans were for the brewery..but Carlos said that they couldn't deal with the overheard costs (whatever that includes at that location) operating at reduced capacity.

Who knows?..if things open up more soon, maybe they'll change their mind about that.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Yes, that's what he told us - but the other location is SGI.

I hope he has been / can hang in there - with Phase 3 now, maybe that will help.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
It will be a shame if and when they close. They went through so much to open and had a thriving business for many years. I feel bad because I haven't been back there since we all broke bread and shared laughs and lies there. Having been to a couple of other restaurants in the area, I don't think any of them are doing that well.
I've been to a couple of other places, as well - but tt's hard to get down there some weekends when I have plans in the north end of the county. There are a lot of favorites to support, too! :ohwell:

I just really hope they all hang in there and can make a comeback during Phase 3.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Yes, that's what he told us - but the other location is SGI.

I hope he has been / can hang in there - with Phase 3 now, maybe that will help.
I've never been to the SGI location. It may as well be another country to me. I've got to hop in the car one day and take the @SailorGirl tour of the area.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I've never been to the SGI location. It may as well be another country to me. I've got to hop in the car one day and take the @SailorGirl tour of the area.
It's a real nice change of scenery. Used to go there in the winter when it was Evans. In the middle of nowhere surrounded by water. At night, the only thing you could see are the lights on the VA side of the river. Dark and quiet.

I take a ride down that way often, maybe once a week, just for the scenery.

TPD

the poor dad
I went to a local restaurant last night. Probably not going back until masks are no longer required for the simple reason that this particular restaurant was on you right away to put a mask on if you got up from your table for any reason - I don't need this hassle in my life. We had one person come from the bar to our table for a brief chat, WITH his beer in his hand, and he was kindly asked to put his mask on. You can sit at a table all night long and talk with friends or strangers without a mask but the minute you get up to use the restroom or move to another table or whatever, you gotta wear a mask. Makes no sense so I'm not putting up with this BS - there are other restaurants out there that don't bug me so they will get my business.

BTW, I did not wear a mask and was not asked too. They already knew where I stand on the issue so they said nothing to me.