Thank you Mr. Tire Prince Frederick!

hotcoffee

Thank you Mr. Tire for being honest.... honest mechanics are great to find!

As some of you may know... I have a new driver in the family. So hubby and I decided to have the front brake pads on the old Honda Civic replaced.

Hubby was going to do it but I talked him out of it, we work hard enough without spending the weekend being a mechanic and helper.... I suggested that I take the car over to the Midas shop in Prince Frederick. It's walking distance from work.

Midas.... said it needed the back brakes adjusted, new pads, new rotors.... roughly $405.00 but they would adjust the back brakes for free and they "found" a $50.00 coupon so the whole job could be done for $305.00. :cds:

Hubby told me to go get the car [I work 1/2 day on Tuesdays] and take it to Mr. Tire.... He remembered he had a coupon in the glove box for brakes at $109.00. He was sure the rotors would be fine.... he drives the car every day from Lusby to the Harry Nice Bridge.... no problems....:popcorn:

MR TIRE... checked out the car.... not only did it not need rotors.... it didn't need pads either.... Mr. Tire said the brakes are fine 80% pads on the front should last another 30k miles....

Thank you Mr. Tire for being honest.... honest mechanics are great to find!

Great Job....​

vince77

took my daughters car to Mr. Tire in LaPlata for brakes a few years ago...they called back with a $500+ price.....I asked for a breakdown...rotors were quoted at $___ each, I called NAPA, they were $100 a piece cheaper.......I dont go there anymore

hotcoffee

took my daughters car to Mr. Tire in LaPlata for brakes a few years ago...they called back with a $500+ price.....I asked for a breakdown...rotors were quoted at $___ each, I called NAPA, they were $100 a piece cheaper.......I dont go there anymore

Maybe it's time to take a second look! I was impressed with them.... they were professional and honest....

I generally take my cars to Tires Plus in California... but since the Midas was close to work.... thought I'd give them a shot.... Mr. Tire is on the way home.... so that's why I wound up there.... and how I found out about their honesty....

Like I said... Good Job Tires Plus!

ladyhawk

The difference here it the location!

I have always had my brakes done as well as some other work an all of my vehicles. I have a hard time trusting anyone else!
And they guarantee their work!

When anyone asks, I am very specific about the location so that they get the best service...

June

hotcoffee

Brake jobs are the biggest rip-off in the auto world.

Apparently things haven't changed over the years.... I don't know how many new rotors I have had to buy to get the brake pads changed when I was first starting out and had to buy used instead of new! They always seem to be too thin on a used car.....

I am so happy that I didn't have to buy a brake job today! Good going Mr. Tire.... Great Job....

It's a good feeling to get to say something nice about these guys.... I have driven by there so many times... [didn't need to stop in for anything]... and on my first stop.... learned they are awesome....

Last edited:

Seamaid

I think its the folks at the Prince Frederick Mr. Tire that makes the difference. Many of the workers have been there for years. That says alot.

Maybe it's time to take a second look! I was impressed with them.... they were professional and honest....

I generally take my cars to Tires Plus in California... but since the Midas was close to work.... thought I'd give them a shot.... Mr. Tire is on the way home.... so that's why I wound up there.... and how I found out about their honesty....

Like I said... Good Job Tires Plus!

Last edited:

hotcoffee

I think its the folks at the Prince Frederick Midas that makes the difference. Many of the workers have been there for years. That says alot.

So... because the guys at Midas have been there for years.... it's ok to tell me I needed $305.00 [after discount and coupon] when I didn't?

Mr. Tire wouldn't sell me the brake job because I didn't need one....

$305.00 at Midas vs. don't need the brake job at all at Mr. Tire...

That's a huge difference!

Last edited:

Seamaid

I meant to say Mr. Tire instead of Midas..whoops.

So... because the guys at Midas have been there for years.... it's ok to tell me I needed $305.00 [after discount and coupon] when I didn't? Just because they've been doing it for years, doesn't mean it's right....

$305.00 vs. don't need the brake job at all...

hotcoffee

I meant to say Mr. Tire instead of Midas..whoops.

Gotcha :buddies:

Mr. Tire is the good guy here.... honest today....

I had never even been in the parking lot before today...

I am so happy to have a good job to report.... Good Job Mr. Tire.... Great Job...

glhs837

Power with Control
As brakes are black magic to folks, and the consequences of doing it wrong are so great, its an easy sell for the desk guy. Rotors usually last a long time, with normal driving, and so do modern pads. Always worth a second opinion.

hotcoffee

As brakes are black magic to folks, and the consequences of doing it wrong are so great, its an easy sell for the desk guy. Rotors usually last a long time, with normal driving, and so do modern pads. Always worth a second opinion.

Seriously tho... how many people get second opinions when it comes to mechanical work?

And the difference....
$305.00 at Midas vs... don't need a brake job at Mr. Tire
is huge!
:coffee:

Last edited:

bluesmom31

My husband took our pick up truck there a few years back to have the brakes done and the tires rotated. They dropped the truck off the lift and did quite a bit of damage. Won't go back there again!

aliceheimer

So... because the guys at Midas have been there for years.... it's ok to tell me I needed $305.00 [after discount and coupon] when I didn't?

$305.00 at Midas vs. don't need the brake job at all at Mr. Tire...

:otter: You're realy good at this math thing!

Otter

Nothing to see here
Brake jobs are the biggest rip-off in the auto world.

:yeahthat: The other tire place in PF tried to pull the same thing on me with pads/rotors when I got a vehicle inspected..They said they just barely passed inspection but gave me a crazy price on getting it done there...I said I would do it myself..but the serpentine belt needed replacing(it did) and they quoted me $90 for the belt and labor..Told them I had a belt at home that I would replace it and bring the car back for inspection the next day....Bought the belt for 25 and it took 5 minutes to replace. BTW, 4 yrs later(10k miles later), have the same rotors and pads and not even close to needing to be replaced. Had another issue with them about swapping rims which they screwed up but made right after a little haggling...haven't been back since.

Otter

Nothing to see here
My husband took our pick up truck there a few years back to have the brakes done and the tires rotated. They dropped the truck off the lift and did quite a bit of damage. Won't go back there again!

That wasn't Mr Tire where that happened...

fddog

Bow wow
mr tire

hi everyone, that is awesome of mr tire pf. i run mechaicsville Mr. tire and get so tired of people saying everytime i go to mr tire i get an 800 dollar quote, or i was there for an oil change why did they check the rest, not because i run the place but, i would rather someone advise me and give the decision to purchase then drive down the road and be sitting with a broken car, or come up on a stop sign and have no brakes. we do have hiccups we work on complicated vehicles all day. and if it were so and took no training we all would do it ourselfs.:yay:

Gus911

Most mechanics can read the word "SUCKER" stamped on my forehead and up-sell like crazy. At the Mr. Tire in PF, I've had the experience of asking for a job that didn't need to be done and was told to save my money. They might have lost a few hundred dollars now, but they have earned my business for life. My wife has had similar experiences with the store in Dunkirk.

Im_Me

I have also used PF Mr Tire and been very pleased. One time they did an alignment and the wheel was just a little out of adjustment (just twisted enough to bug me when I was on a straight road), they fixed it promptly with no questions and threw in a future oil replacement free...