Thank You

Thank You for the kind words regarding my mom. She was a great lady and will be missed dearly.

I had brought them from their home in VA back to my place in MD, just because they wanted to see all the work I've done on the place, before they relocated. My brothers and I have been working hard to make arrangements to get them to a wonderful assisted living facility in Arkansas, just minutes from my brother and lots of family, who would be able to be close and provide support better than I can from 3 hours away. It's a brand new facility, finishing touches being done now, move-in mid-late September.

We had a wonderful weekend at my place, took them on local tours so they could see how much has changed since they were last here some 10 years ago. Had some wonderful meals out, including one at Jerry's Seafood in Prince Frederick. She loves, and has had, crabcakes from all over, but said the ones from Jerry's were the best she has ever had. We returned back to VA on Monday, but within an hour of being home, we had to call 911 and get her to the hospital for chest pain. She spent the next 2 days in and out of the ICU. Early on the morning of 10th she passed away, I was with her.

Lots of family here the past few days, most of them left today. One brother and his wife leave tomorrow, and Wednesday I'll return to MD with dad for a week to two, just so he's not alone right now. They were married 67 years. He's doing well, but this has been incredibly rough on him at 91 years of age.

I am so grateful for the time we got to spend together last weekend, and for being here for her and dad thru this event.

frequentflier

happy to be living
Thank You for the kind words regarding my mom. She was a great lady and will be missed dearly.

I had brought them from their home in VA back to my place in MD, just because they wanted to see all the work I've done on the place, before they relocated. My brothers and I have been working hard to make arrangements to get them to a wonderful assisted living facility in Arkansas, just minutes from my brother and lots of family, who would be able to be close and provide support better than I can from 3 hours away. It's a brand new facility, finishing touches being done now, move-in mid-late September.

We had a wonderful weekend at my place, took them on local tours so they could see how much has changed since they were last here some 10 years ago. Had some wonderful meals out, including one at Jerry's Seafood in Prince Frederick. She loves, and has had, crabcakes from all over, but said the ones from Jerry's were the best she has ever had. We returned back to VA on Monday, but within an hour of being home, we had to call 911 and get her to the hospital for chest pain. She spent the next 2 days in and out of the ICU. Early on the morning of 10th she passed away, I was with her.

Lots of family here the past few days, most of them left today. One brother and his wife leave tomorrow, and Wednesday I'll return to MD with dad for a week to two, just so he's not alone right now. They were married 67 years. He's doing well, but this has been incredibly rough on him at 91 years of age.

I am so grateful for the time we got to spend together last weekend, and for being here for her and dad thru this event.

:huggy: :huggy: :huggy:

littlelady

God bless the USA
I know this is a hard time for you. The loss of a parent is awful. At least, you got to be with your mom. You are lucky. My mom was in a nursing home in TX, and my bros were watching over her because I lived in MD. I got a midnight call from a nurse watching over her (she used her own cell phone) to tell me that my mom was going to die any minute. It was unexpected. I had just visited with her a few weeks before, and it was all good. She put the phone to my mom's ear, and I tried to say anything and everything about how much I loved her, and what a great life I had with her as my mom. I don't know if she heard me; there was no response from her. Most traumatic moment of my life on my list of traumatic moments in my life.

What I am trying to say is that you were very fortunate to be with your mom, physically, when she passed. It will happen to all of us. It is life. Time will take care of your grief; even though, you don't think so, now. :huggy:

To put it in perspective. I have mentioned before on this forum that my new fam from my dot's marriage lost a son to PTSD 20 years ago. That is tragic, and I admire them for living and moving on with it. We all will die, but it is a good thing to die when it is time; not before it is time. Just my thoughts.

Last edited:

black dog

Free America
That's great that you got to see your Mom near the end, So many folks just sit back and wait for the phone to ring and then say " Oh $hit " i guess we should have visited more often. God Speed.

PJay

I know this is a hard time for you. The loss of a parent is awful. At least, you got to be with your mom. You are lucky. My mom was in a nursing home in TX, and my bros were watching over her because I lived in MD. I got a midnight call from a nurse watching over her (she used her own cell phone) to tell me that my mom was going to die any minute. It was unexpected. I had just visited with her a few weeks before, and it was all good. She put the phone to my mom's ear, and I tried to say anything and everything about how much I loved her, and what a great life I had with her as my mom. I don't know if she heard me; there was no response from her. Most traumatic moment of my life on my list of traumatic moments in my life.

What I am trying to say is that you were very fortunate to be with your mom, physically, when she passed. It will happen to all of us. It is life. Time will take care of your grief; even though, you don't think so, now. :huggy:

To put it in perspective. I have mentioned before on this forum that my new fam from my dot's marriage lost a son to PTSD 20 years ago. That is tragic, and I admire them for living and moving on with it. We all will die, but it is a good thing to die when it is time; not before it is time. Just my thoughts.

Not a soul cares about you you witch. We've heard all your sad sack tall tales before. This is for GWguy and his close friends.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Not a soul cares about you you witch. We've heard all your sad sack tall tales before. This is for GWguy and his close friends.

Wow, you are one angry person. My words to GW were to try to help him in a time of grief. I have no tall tales. What I say here is the truth. You are the sad sack, and, are, actually, ruining his thread. You need to see the hypocrite in yourself. Please try. And, last time I checked, you have no friends here, or you hide them. Do you ever sleep?

Again, GW, sorry for the loss of your mom. I know how bad it hurts. Moms are the glue that holds life together. Take care.

Last edited:

PJay

Wow, you are one angry person. My words to GW were to try to help him in a time of grief. I have no tall tales. What I say here is the truth. You are the sad sack, and, are, actually, ruining his thread. You need to see the hypocrite in yourself. Please try. And, last time I checked, you have no friends here, or you hide them. Do you ever sleep?

Again, GW, sorry for the loss of your mom. I know how bad it hurts. Moms are the glue that hold life together. Take care.

Yeah sure. Just recently someone else shared their grief in this forum..what did you do? You posted your pretend to care and then all about you crap just like here. Tell the class what you did next....you won't.. so I will. You deleted it. I thought..wow how sincere was that.

My apologies to everyone. This woman is evil and I needed to tell her so.

Last edited:

littlelady

God bless the USA
Yeah sure. Just recently someone else shared their grief in this forum..what did you do? You posted your pretend to care all about you crap just like here. Tell the class what you did next....you won't.. so I will. You deleted it. I thought..wow how sincere was that.

My apologies to everyone. This woman is evil and I needed to tell her so.

What thread was that? Prove that, too. What is wrong with you? Serious question. Why are you apologizing for me? I didn't start the shiat in your 'dear friends' comment. I am shaking my head at this point, but I will be ok, because I am always ok. I deal with it. You seem to have a problem with that. Maybe GW can help you understand why you screwed up this thread; make it a 3 way convo with blackdog, too. Just a suggestion. Good grief.

Sorry, if I got your goat, but that seems to be the case. The deep end is not your friend; you are floundering. Be sure you have a lifeguard with you at all times. Just looking out for you. Oh, and yeah, go to sleep. You will have less dirt to dig through (when building your pool) in the morning. You are welcome.

Yeah, I am so evil. :killingme:

One more time. Sorry for your loss, GW. I know how it feels.

Still sorry for GW's loss of his mom, but I want feedback from you on the 'someone else shared grief on this forum, what I said, and what I did next? The class is waiting for the teacher that did not show up today to explain to the class why someone is evil. And, never, I say again, never apologize for me. I say what I want here. You are one conflicted person. Still waiting for the deleted thread/post thing, and what I did to vrai. Thanks.

Last edited:

luvmygdaughters

So good that you were able to spend that weekend with her. I'm sure you'll have wonderful memories of your Mom to help comfort you through your grief.:huggy:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

That right there, GW..that right there... Hoping you and your Dad can find some comfort in that and heal soon.