Thanks for the ice, azzhole.

glhs837

Power with Control
So, good ride in, entering the road to Gate 3 from 235 south, and what to my wandering tire appears, but patches of ice...... WTH? Looked like someone was dumping water out of a truck bed as they rolled won the roadway. Which of course froze once it hit. Twice I had to ride the shoulder as the sheet stretched across the whole road. Looked like they had water puddled up in the back and when they accelerated, some would spill out the bottom of the tailgate. I think I found a new weapon for a Bond vehicle....

Grumpy

So, good ride in, entering the road to Gate 3 from 235 south, and what to my wandering tire appears, but patches of ice...... WTH? Looked like someone was dumping water out of a truck bed as they rolled won the roadway. Which of course froze once it hit. Twice I had to ride the shoulder as the sheet stretched across the whole road. Looked like they had water puddled up in the back and when they accelerated, some would spill out the bottom of the tailgate. I think I found a new weapon for a Bond vehicle....

Apparently someone knew of your aversion to speed cameras and used ice to slow you down instead.

glhs837

Power with Control
But I don't need slowing, especially on the bike. I'm actually slower on the bike than I am in my car. :)

H

Hodr

Riding your bike, in this weather? Are you at least a donor?

glhs837

Power with Control
But of course I'm a donor. The cold is easy to deal with, heated glove liners, insulated riding suit, thick boots, balaclava, I'm toasty warm. Once I suit up, I do have to get outside fast though :) Riding in the cold isn't any more dangerous than riding in the warm, really. Barring idiots who dump water on a frozen roadway, which isn't as common as you think :) And really, it's great as far as the experience, summer only folks miss the crisp clear air of winter.

H

Hodr

When I was a kid I used to ride my bike (bicycle) to school (do they still allow this?), including the dead of winter. I was too dumb to buy/ask for gloves so usually the worst I got was red achy hands and ears for an hour or so after I got to school. Every once in a while, during particularly cold and windy days, I would sport some pretty awesome snotsickles too.

Cant imagine doing it on a motorcycle, but if you say you are comfortable, more power to you.

glhs837

Power with Control
Pretty sure you can't ride a bike to school. But I could be wrong. If I wasn't comfy, I wouldn't do it. but I've had people who go sit in a cold azz duck blind at 430am for three hours tell me I'm nuts...... :)

frequentflier

happy to be living
When I was a kid I used to ride my bike (bicycle) to school (do they still allow this?), including the dead of winter. I was too dumb to buy/ask for gloves so usually the worst I got was red achy hands and ears for an hour or so after I got to school. Every once in a while, during particularly cold and windy days, I would sport some pretty awesome snotsickles too.

Cant imagine doing it on a motorcycle, but if you say you are comfortable, more power to you.

:lmao:

Yes, they loaded their truck bed with water JUST to piss you off. Cheese and Grits. Get over yourself. Unless they park on an incline, truck beds collect water which naturally flows out when gravity allows it.

glhs837

Power with Control
Never said they did it to piss me off. Just that dumping water of a frozen roadway maybe not eh best way to go. If your truck bed gathers water, it needs drain holes. Lack of giving an eff, that's my point. If your actions cause a hazard t others, you should reevaluate. To include driving around on an 18 degree day spewing water from your vehicle.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
ice in the road during otherwise 'regular' cold weather isn't a danger just to motorcycles

MADPEBS1

Man, I'm still here !!!
Never said they did it to piss me off. Just that dumping water of a frozen roadway maybe not eh best way to go. If your truck bed gathers water, it needs drain holes. Lack of giving an eff, that's my point. If your actions cause a hazard t others, you should reevaluate. To include driving around on an 18 degree day spewing water from your vehicle.

I swear to christ you b1tch about anything !!! So a dude washed his truck, it was at such an angle that water pooled, Yup didn't really give a phuck about anyone else, why should i create drain holes in my pretty truck liner bed? Why would i do that, I carry stinking garbage to the dump and that sounds like a nice place to sh1t liquids to lay if a bag busts right between that liner and my bed... Deal Dude!

glhs837

Power with Control
I bit5H when I see selfish uncaring people create hazards for others due to laziness. I'm not sure how you get that I don't give an eff for anyone out of what I said, but that's fine. Factory beds have drains for a reason. Making a hazardous condition for others is selfish, that's all. I didn't say you had to drill holes, you could drain the water some other way. Here's another one. People who dump coffee and soda bottles out of their door in parking lots can eff off. Making sticky puddles right where people step getting out of their vehicles is an azzhole move. Dangerous, of course not, but that's another example of people not giving an eff about others.