thanks...

PotomacTides

Thank you for the kind welcome. I'd never have guessed you were new to being nice.

Nope, not in Welcome. Where the heck IS Welcome? Sounds like it should be in Pennsylvania.

Newbie in Newburg.:biggrin:

J

justhangn

Originally posted by PotomacTides
Where the heck IS Welcome?

Newbie in Newburg.:biggrin:

Welcome is down near Indian Head.....don't blink, you'll miss it.

K

Kizzy

Re: Re: thanks...

Originally posted by justhangn
Welcome is down near Indian Head.....don't blink, you'll miss it.

:dork: Welcome isn't near Indian Head.

J

justhangn

Re: Re: Re: thanks...

Originally posted by IM4Change
:dork: Welcome isn't near Indian Head.

Just 20 minutes away...
duhard.gif

K

Kizzy

Originally posted by T.Rally
I live 8 miles from Welcome and my address is Indian Head.

I live off 229 and have a Waldorf address, go figure, but Indian Head is down 210 and Welcome is down Rt. 6. About 15-20 minutes in distance. I'm gonna find a map. :wink:

T.Rally

Originally posted by IM4Change
I live off 229 and have a Waldorf address, go figure, but Indian Head is down 210 and Welcome is down Rt. 6. About 15-20 minutes in distance. I'm gonna find a map. :wink:
I'm in that Doncaster area what is known as Marbury. I tell people I live in Indian Head because that is my mailing address and most people never heard of Marbury.

Along the same lines, I have friends in Denstville who's addresses are La Plata.

PotomacTides

'splain, then

Why is there a town off of 210 that is named by initials? Who the heck thought of that? What, they couldn't figure out a whole name--or did they just decide not to put the whole name on the sign? I mean, NY, I know. LA, I know. But T.B.? Not 'TB' but Tee-period-Bee.

I passed that darned sign for a year before I asked somebody what the heck it meant.

Thanks for the map of Welcome. Now I know, it seems to be between Port Tobacco and Nanjemoy.

May as well be on another planet as far as I'm concerned.:confused:

D

darkriver4362

Hmmm I have no clue....I will try to find out though....it's gotta be an abbriviation for somthin...