Thanksgiving Dinner, whatcha got?

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Little Grocery Shop of Horrors?
My cousins kid has an Internet show for years about eating strange things.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
My cousins kid has an Internet show for years about eating strange things.

Thanks for sharing on Thanksgiving! :lol:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
The turkey's done and it looks just like a picture in a magazine! and the stuffing's done and it's delicious. and the gravy's done and doesn't taste like it came out of a jar! I can cook!
Share some pictures! My Cherry Cobbler & fresh cranberry sauce are done. All that's left is the roasted Brussels Sprouts which I'll put in when the turkey breast is done and resting, and I'll cook the wild rice/quinoa blend then, as well. Turkey should be done in another 1/2 hour. :yay:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I wish. The damn thing is not done after all. It's as brown as it can be and the pop up timer popped up. The temperature registered 170 everywhere but the breast which was higher. Then I pulled the drumstick out and it's pinkish. The breast meat is white all the way through - I don't know whether to eat it or not. I do have a breast that I cooked last night which was fine but I don't know how to heat it so it doesn't dry out. Ackkk!
The drumstick is considered dark meat, it should be okay. Since your temp is good everywhere else, go ahead and eat. If you feel better, cook the drum a bit longer.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I think I'm at the screw it point. I cut off the white meat and put it on a platter and I'm dumping the rest of it in the garbage. The only other thing my son will eat is peas, mashed potatoes, and rolls - so that's all that's on the table. I'm not hungry. Two thousand hours cooking - 10 minutes worth of eating. God bless Thanksgiving...
No pie?

General Lee

I wish. The damn thing is not done after all. It's as brown as it can be and the pop up timer popped up. The temperature registered 170 everywhere but the breast which was higher. Then I pulled the drumstick out and it's pinkish. The breast meat is white all the way through - I don't know whether to eat it or not. I do have a breast that I cooked last night which was fine but I don't know how to heat it so it doesn't dry out. Ackkk!

170* is perfect. Eat away

General Lee

Even though the drumsticks were pink?
I'd have to see it. Close to the bone its not uncommon to see some pink. Just cut them off and grill or bake them later to give you piece of mind.

I will have a layer of pink within my turkey but its the "smoke ring"

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
No pie. That's hysterical RoseRed - that was the FIRST thing I made and the only thing I really gave a hoot about! Four in fact, pumpkin, two apple, one pecan.
Oh man, that sounds good! I may have to improvise and take a spoon of peanut butter and dip it in chocolate sauce.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I think I'm at the screw it point. I cut off the white meat and put it on a platter and I'm dumping the rest of it in the garbage. The only other thing my son will eat is peas, mashed potatoes, and rolls - so that's all that's on the table. I'm not hungry. Two thousand hours cooking - 10 minutes worth of eating. God bless Thanksgiving...
This might be too late - but don't throw it away!
I've had that happen in the past. Turkey andchicken heats up fine in the microwave - put a wet papertowel over it and maybe a loose plastic bowl over the plate (or one of those plastic microwave plate covers) - just do 30 seconds at a time.