That pigskin cheerleading league...again

Kismet

:confused:

Well.. anyone out there know of a coach, or anyone else have their girls enrolled in this cheer league?

I called a lady two weeks ago, and got some info ( that is unchanged from last time i looked at it) from the Park/Rec dept.
Was supposed to know about details by this week. Havent heard a thing. I do know that there is supposedly a cheer coach class in Leonardtown this coming Saturday. I was hoping to get involved.

No one answers phones, or returns calls when someone needs info or wants to get involved.

School begins soon, and my darling hubby and i would lioke to know whats going on so we can arrange to be there for our daughter, and encourage her participation... you know????

Once again.. anyone out there a cheer coach for this league, or know of someone who is? Or could let me know how to get in touch with a cheer coach fro this pigskin league?

The league cashed my check in July. I feel like I deserve at least SOME info... you know???

Thanks in advance

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
That must be a cheer thing - elusive coaches. My daughter's a cheerleader and we were supposed to have practice last night. I get there and there are several parents and kids standing around, wondering where the coach is. Finally someone calls the coach's house and finds out that practice was cancelled. Thanks for telling us, Coach! :duh:

She's got this weird control thing going on where she wants us to call her once a week to find out when games/practices are. Doesn't want to send emails, doesn't want to get a phone tree going. Wants every single one of us to call her - then she never answers the phone.

If my kid wasn't so stoked about cheering, I'd pull her out.

K

Kain99

Kismet... I hate to be the one to tell ya but that league has already started. I have a source... I'll tap her tomorrow. Sorry.

Christy

b*tch rocket
Hey Kismet, I signed my daughter up for cheerleading and haven't heard diddly squat from whoever's going to be her cheerleading coach. My son's been practicing with his team (football not cheerleading :twitch: ) for two weeks now. The first game is the weekend after Labor Day, so I feel your pain. :banghead:

bottoms up

Originally posted by Kain99
Kismet... I hate to be the one to tell ya but that league has already started. I have a source... I'll tap her tomorrow. Sorry.

Boys have started; girls (cheerleading) has not. I just called the woman and she said they are behind in calling the cheerleading participants but are doing it this week. If you don't hear anything by Saturday, call the people listed for Pigskin and let them know. :cool:

crazy_devil

cheer leading

My daughter is registered for cheerleading for pig skins. The lady called me and left a message, wondering if I would be interested in being head coach, they have an extreme shortage in coaches and that their are some divisions that don't have cheer leaders. She said they have 6 girls lined up for the team. Her name is Andy, so I called her back the next day and left a message, no return call as of yet!! Am very frustrated! She said on the message that they would train me and get me certified as a head coach! Ok I would like to know when, where, why, what, etc...

Kismet

OK. Its Thursday nite.

I saw these posts.... I am in the South are, or whatever area 2 is in. This area has not been contacted yet.

Per Trudy Kemp.

I am eagerly awaiting info, and YES I WANT to be involved, especially in the coaching area, if anyone needs help.

Per Trudy, the Central area has been contacted, the North area is in process, and teh south area is STILL LURKING in the dark!!!!

GAWD, I feel like a mushroom.

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
Opening Day

This saturday is the opening day and I'm curious if anyone has any idea of what the heck they do, and more specifically, when it's over. :cool: I'm trying to make plans for Sat. night but have no clue when the festivities end. :ohwell:

TIA

SxyPrincess

Re: Opening Day

Originally posted by crabcake
I'm trying to make plans for Sat. night but have no clue when the festivities end. :ohwell:

TIA
:offtopic: I'd like to make plans for tonight, Saturday night, Sunday night, Monday night...etc...:bubble:

Christy

b*tch rocket
We have been told to be there at 9:00 AM (it will depend from team to team). I believe it normally goes until 3:00 or 4:00 PM, depending on what time your team is scheduled for pictures.

Opening day is miserable. I don't understand why they do it. The kids hate it just as much as the parents.

crabcake

Originally posted by Christy
We have been told to be there at 9:00 AM (it will depend from team to team). I believe it normally goes until 3:00 or 4:00 PM, depending on what time your team is scheduled for pictures.

Opening day is miserable. I don't understand why they do it. The kids hate it just as much as the parents.

that's what I heard too about the misery of it all. a bunch of tired, hungry, irritable, sleepy 5 year olds ... this'll be fun :frown: but, if it's over by 4, that will work perfectly for my plans :biggrin:

thanks a bunch christy :wink:

crabcake

Opening Day Postponed

If you didn't hear already, Opening Day (supposed to be tomorrow) is postponed to next Saturday. Nothing like finding out the night before :duh: :mad:

Call your coaches ....

Kismet

Re: Opening Day Postponed

Originally posted by crabcake
If you didn't hear already, Opening Day (supposed to be tomorrow) is postponed to next Saturday. Nothing like finding out the night before :duh: :mad:

Call your coaches ....

I agree. However..... We had practice on Friday night for our little cheerleaders. Didnt find out until THEN that the opening game was cancelled.

Our cheer coach is completely at a loss, the welcome cheer that was taught to the little girls, NO ONE has a clue what it went like, and we are ALL very upset about this.

Our coach seems to have her hands TOO full, and its not HER fault.
You know, no one bothered to tell the parents that the fee paid at the sign up DID NOT include the "under pants" part of the out fit. Our coach calls those "spanky pants" :lmao: .
At any rate, at the last minute, we all had to run out & buy the matching color to the skirts. And you know what else? There are girls out in this league that have nicer skirts than the other teams have. Some are plain colored, like our team has, and others have stripes. Our shirts are just plain whihte, other cheerleaders have matching color collars. Nothing seems to be equal in this league, we had less time to get together, as we were one of the very last teams to be notified.

Our girls want to cheer, but its a sad shame that the coach is even left out in the dark when it comes to getting information to even begin to be organised!!!

Was anyone elses' experience with this cheer league the same last year?
AM doing all i can to help our coach with organization, and supplies, and everything....

crabcake

Opening Day

I think it might have been easier to devise a plan of attack against Iraq than organize opening day today. :duh:

There's got to be a better way of getting the show on the road closer to on-time. Nothing like 7 antsy, thirsty, hungry, potty-break-needing 5 year olds to make you want to chain smoke. :cool: Toss into that your coach leaving just before the opening cheer to host some home interiors-type party AND leaving her kid alone and no one knows who her dad is or what he looks like to put you in a chipper mood. :mad: And we were only one of 20-some teams. :yikes:

IF we do this next year, myself and two other mafia-type moms are going to light some fires under whoever is slacking in the planning department for the Pigskins program. :whip:

Christy -- good seeing you & Steve again ... you were right ... 20 years of doing this and you'd think they'd have things in order. :ohwell: