That's Gotta Hurt...

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

WOW...how dumb would you have to be to go on that trip? Why would you want to get in the water (free swim, not in a cage) with people chumming? If nothing else, that is just nasty swimming with blended up mullet, or whatever they use for chum :lol:

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
WOW...how dumb would you have to be to go on that trip? Why would you want to get in the water (free swim, not in a cage) with people chumming? If nothing else, that is just nasty swimming with blended up mullet, or whatever they use for chum :lol:

C'mon read the article again. The guy was a lawyer. You know the old story. He was expecting. . .

(wait for it)

. . .professional courtesy!

Dondi

Dondi
Article said:
A woman who answered the telephone at Scuba Adventures on Monday said the company had no comment.

The company's Web site says it offers the opportunity to get "face to face" with sharks. The site explains that its hammerhead and tiger shark expeditions in the Bahamas are "unique shark trips ... run exclusively for shark enthusiasts and photographers."

To ensure "the best results we will be 'chumming' the water with fish and fish parts," the Web site explains. "Consequently, there will be food in the water at the same time as the divers. Please be aware that these are not 'cage' dives, they are open water experiences."

As stupid as this lawyer was (and there must be a good joke in there somewhere), if this company is really advertising an adventure like this, I smell a huge lawsuit on behalf of the victim's family.

ETA: Here it is on the Scuba Adventures website.

Last edited:

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

As stupid as this lawyer was (and there must be a good joke in there somewhere), if this company is really advertising an adventure like this, I smell a huge lawsuit on behalf of the victim's family.

ETA: Here it is on the Scuba Adventures website.

I'd guess not. I'm SURE that the company makes you sign a waiver :shrug:
a contract is a contract. If you agree to do something stupid, you can't sue in regards to an accident occuring whilst doing said stupid thing. :yay: