The 2013 Redskins Season

How many games will the Redskins lose this season?

Votes: 1 9.1%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • RGIII will miss a lot of time hurt, so possibly 3 or more

Votes: 10 90.9%

• Total voters

HollyRockJT

Jus Chillin...
I suppose if the NCAA keeps producing guys with that level of athleticism and ability to run an offense and throw the ball. These guys are pretty special. Newton, Kaepernick, Wilson, RG.

Personally, with RGIII's build, I simply don't think he's still going to be a starting QB in the NFL in 8 years. Luck, I think so. Kaepernick, I think so. Wilson, I can see it.

That's what I think. I think college is going to keep being a trend setter for the NFL, it may take a long while, but it does. And yes, these type players are in an elite club all on their own.

I do agree about the build, but they also said that about Vick, and he looked pretty good last night, and still has the strongest arm in the NFL IMO... Now granted, he did get a little time off, and no, he hasn't last an entire season... but his longevity has stuck around overall.

Hopefully RG learns to protect himself, I thought he did much better last night, but I think the next 2 weeks will be the deciding factor there. His big shots last night were in the pocket. Nothing you can do about those.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
That's what I think. I think college is going to keep being a trend setter for the NFL, it may take a long while, but it does. And yes, these type players are in an elite club all on their own.

I do agree about the build, but they also said that about Vick, and he looked pretty good last night, and still has the strongest arm in the NFL IMO... Now granted, he did get a little time off, and no, he hasn't last an entire season... but his longevity has stuck around overall.

Hopefully RG learns to protect himself, I thought he did much better last night, but I think the next 2 weeks will be the deciding factor there. His big shots last night were in the pocket. Nothing you can do about those.

But, Vick is shorter, more compact which means to me more able to sustain the beatings and he has taken a TON of beatings the last, what, 3 years?

RGIII every single time he goes down I'm thinking "Snap!" Those long limbs and relatively small bone structure, man, it just looks bad. Kaepernick is a freaking horse compared to him.

:buddies:

HollyRockJT

Jus Chillin...
But, Vick is shorter, more compact which means to me more able to sustain the beatings and he has taken a TON of beatings the last, what, 3 years?

RGIII every single time he goes down I'm thinking "Snap!" Those long limbs and relatively small bone structure, man, it just looks bad. Kaepernick is a freaking horse compared to him.

:buddies:

Him and Wilson are, I can drink to that :buddies:

I just hope RGIII IS the trend setter and learns how to protect himself, that's for sure!

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Him and Wilson are, I can drink to that :buddies:

I just hope RGIII IS the trend setter and learns how to protect himself, that's for sure!

Right but, even if he is able to reign in that competitive spirit that compels him to try and get every yard he can, a dubious prospect in my view, he is STILL gonna get hit and is still gonna be, in my view, relatively speaking, fragile.

Mr_Bond_Got_Em

No chance RG3 makes it through the entire season, starting every game. No way...he's too frail and doesn't know how to get out of the way.

BuddyLee

Football addict
You can run anything if you have the talent and right personnel.

Skins need to go 2-2 in these first four games to stay afloat.

Green Bay
Oakland
Detroit

Won't be easy.

RG3 and the offense will be a work in progress until the bye.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
You can run anything if you have the talent and right personnel.

RG3 and the offense will be a work in progress until the bye.

Thing that shocked me last night; the O line seemed far more physically over matched than any game last year.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Thing that shocked me last night; the O line seemed far more physically over matched than any game last year.
Yeah...

Hoping its rust but this line was never built for pass protection. It was built for a zone-blocking running scheme.

I also think the Iggles surprised them not only with their offensive scheme but their defensive one as well. Garcon alluded to as much last night.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Yeah...

Hoping its rust but this line was never built for pass protection. It was built for a zone-blocking running scheme.

I also think the Iggles surprised them not only with their offensive scheme but their defensive one as well. Garcon alluded to as much last night.

All freaking summer it sat right there; Eagles, week one. Head coach, the crazy guy that ran Oregons jail break O.

It is deeply troubling to be that unprepared week one.