The After Life: What Happens?

donbarzini

Re: sorry

Originally posted by BuddyLee
sorry to interrupt your argument but can i be ant food instead of worm food???:confused:

No!!

Sing along with me:

The worms crawl in, the worms crawl out.....:getdown: :banana: :thewave: :wah:

Z

zuchick

Re: sorry

Originally posted by BuddyLee
sorry to interrupt your argument but can i be ant food instead of worm food???:confused:

BuddyLee, you can be any kind of food you wish. :biggrin:

Karen

religion

Please tell me where in the Bible I can find the Toll Houses.

I am currently studing the Bible with a group of Christian's from my Church and we have not come across that yet. I would like to share it with my friends. Thanks

Z

zuchick

Re: religion

Originally posted by Smokey
Please tell me where in the Bible I can find the Toll Houses.

I am currently studing the Bible with a group of Christian's from my Church and we have not come across that yet. I would like to share it with my friends. Thanks

And you most likely want come across it because to my knowledge it is Church Tradition. But it seems like there is a place in the Bible, either in the late book of the OT or in the Godpel of St Matt that suggests something like this, but I'm not sure..

The next time I come across it I will post it for you..

Karen

religion

Thanks, I personally believe that there is only one heaven (with no houses, degrees,etc) and only one way there, through Christ our Lord. Amen

I have been studing the Bible for a few months now, and am only in Proverbs so have much of the Old Testament to go before we even get to the New Testament (which I can't wait to get to) I have seen nothing to this point that leads me to believe that there are levels of heaven. Not trying to be disrespectful, just curious.

Thanks

Z

zuchick

Re: religion

Originally posted by Smokey
Thanks, I personally believe that there is only one heaven (with no houses, degrees,etc) and only one way there, through Christ our Lord. Amen

However in 2 Corinthians 12:2 St Paul the Apostle tends to disagree with you. I do not accept the concept of Purgatory, but I do somewhat understand it, but Degrees of Hell I completely disagree with.

The Toll Houses are not heavens they are places the Spirit must transverse that covers a particular sin they should have confessed in this lifetime but didn't.. But there are those who are Orthodox who reject the Toll Houses though such has been taught in the Church for years.. Also realize that in the Gosple of St John 21:25 that there were many things Christ said that wasn't written down. In such cases one must rely upon the Teachings of the Church and the Church Fathers.

I must admit that I am not Sola Scriptura or Scripture Only and look at the Bible as a Road Map to Heaven. I know some seem to worship the Bible which is Grave error.

I have been studing the Bible for a few months now, and am only in Proverbs so have much of the Old Testament to go before we even get to the New Testament (which I can't wait to get to) I have seen nothing to this point that leads me to believe that there are levels of heaven. Not trying to be disrespectful, just curious.

Thanks

I would give you this advice regarding the Scripture though, when in doubt seek the Church Fathers for their interpretation of the Word of God..

Many will say they are lead by the Holy Spirit to understand the Word of God, but considering the thousands of different Christian Denominations, I wonder which Spirit leads them which is why I rely upon the Church and the Church fathers for my interpretation of the Word of God. The only Spirit I trust that is within me is the Spirit that remains after I sign the Cross over myself and no I am not Roman Catholic Christian. (smile)

But Bible Study is good and if I may suggest a Bible whose comentary is from the Church Fathers I would have to suggest the Orthodox Study Bible. You can do a Web Search and find it.. The one I have in the NKJV.

Z

zuchick

Last edited by a moderator:

Godiva

Afterlife

Toll Houses??? The only connection I can make has something to do with cookies!

I believe there is one heaven, one hell, one way to get to heaven, and only there is only ONE way any of us will ever know.

To each his own and God Bless...

Z

zuchick

Re: Afterlife

Originally posted by Godiva
Toll Houses??? The only connection I can make has something to do with cookies!

I believe there is one heaven, one hell, one way to get to heaven, and only there is only ONE way any of us will ever know.

To each his own and God Bless...

If you believe in only on heaven then Saint Paul the Apostle would tend to disagree with you in 2 Corinthians 12:2. I do however believe in One God, One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church and One Baptism for the remission of sin.

I don't consider the Toll Houses as being a Heaven or a Hell or parts there of. However to learn more about what they are might I suggest you refer to the WebSites I noted above.