The Almighty Gavin Newsom Orders New Gas-Powered Cars Banned by 2035

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Gov. Gavin Newsom (D-Calif.), perhaps unsatisfied with the misery of rolling blackouts to which ill-considered climate restrictions have subjected Californians, has ordered that no new gas-powered cars shall be sold in California beginning in the year 2035. What could possibly go wrong?

[clip]

Newsom tweeted that “Cars shouldn’t give our kids asthma. Make wildfires worse. Melt glaciers. Or raise sea levels.” The governor is correct — cars shouldn’t do this. Luckily, there is no concrete evidence that they are doing so at all!

There is no concrete evidence proving that those nefarious internal combustion engines cause asthma, worsen wildfires, melt glaciers, or raise sea levels, of course. Claims of a climate change “consensus” that “97 percent” of scientists agree human beings are warming the planet through carbon emissions are misleading and overblown. Climate alarmist predictions, which have sought to verify these claims, have proven wrong time and time again for 50 years.

As for the governor’s claim about asthma, Steve Milloy, a former Trump/Pence EPA transition team member and founder of JunkScience.com, insisted that “Nothing that comes out of a tailpipe causes or triggers asthma.” Child asthma is of unknown origin, much more likely triggered by pollen than by carbon dioxide from vehicles.

herb749

Going to be a lot of cars abandoned on the highway when their batteries shut off. Traffic there is a mess.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Gonna be a lot of Califiornian's driving cars that are very old in 2040.

I'm wondering if by 2060 Cali will look like Cuba in the 1970's
and if Cali will ban the import of parts to repair old vehicles

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Wait until they get their electric bills from this AWESOME green power.. or are they going to import their power from states that don't have ignorant green laws??

itsbob

I bowl overhand
If I were rich enough I think I'd be building gas powered and coal powered and even Nuclear powered power plants all along the border of CA.. they will be coming BEGGING for power in less than a decade (or 2021 even) and will have to pay whatever they want to charge..