The answer, my friend . . .

Bertha Venation

. . . just blew past the freakin' window at 40 MPH!

A tree about 15 feet from our driveway is the first casualty. Photos later. For now I'm going to watch the news until the signal or electricity goes out.

Be safe, my friends

mainman

Set Trippin
Originally posted by Bertha Venation
. . . just blew past the freakin' window at 40 MPH!

A tree about 15 feet from our driveway is the first casualty. Photos later. For now I'm going to watch the news until the signal or electricity goes out.

Be safe, my friends
Be safe.....

Bertha Venation

another awesome photo

isabel091803-1545z2.jpg

Bertha Venation

It's hard to see what happened in the first photo, because the growth is so heavy. This pine (I think) tree just snapped in half about six feet up. I think it was a dead one--that's a little encouraging, I guess.

Attachments

• izzytree1c.jpg
    izzytree1c.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 150

Bertha Venation

Originally posted by ememdee19
Anymore trees down, Bertha?
Not that I can see from the porch--and I'm not going out again until tomorrow. A neighbor across the street has a broken big-ass branch hanging precariously over his carport/welding truck, but he knows about it. I've heard lots of deep cracks and the scent of sap is everywhere. It's gonna be a long night.

K

Kizzy

I know that feeling. I was just outside and can hear the tree next door cracking. (It is the one in the back) But, the one in the front isn't doing so well either. The gutter is ripped off the house next door and just banging on the house with each gust of wind.

Pookie

Ghetto Fabulous
Originally posted by Bertha Venation
Not that I can see from the porch--and I'm not going out again until tomorrow. A neighbor across the street has a broken big-ass branch hanging precariously over his carport/welding truck, but he knows about it. I've heard lots of deep cracks and the scent of sap is everywhere. It's gonna be a long night.

Be careful! I'll be thinking of all of you!

K

Kizzy

The cheapo next door wouldn't remove any of his trees when the rest of us did. He said he couldn't afford it, but the wifey is driving around in a new vehicle. It is going to suck when a tree squashes it tonight.

K

Kizzy

They are reporting that a tornado was spotted in O.C. No further information on that. They are trying to confirm.

Bertha Venation

Originally posted by IM4Change
The cheapo next door wouldn't remove any of his trees when the rest of us did. He said he couldn't afford it, but the wifey is driving around in a new vehicle. It is going to suck when a tree squashes it tonight.
:killingme Girl, you're my kinda people. :huggy: Some radio guys back home had a saying: EGBOK. Everything's going to be OK.