The babies

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
As you know, my-thyme hooked me up with two new kittens. They are still pretty scared of us and the grey one will hiss as she tries to protect her sister. She is all talk though and you can easily pick both of them up. I was shocked at how quickly they figured out the litter box. I could only get a hold of the calico one at first. I put her in the litter box and she hopped out two seconds later and ran to her sister. They both pooped a couple times under the bed but by the end of the first night, both had figured out the litter box. Now they are pros. The only issue so far is that the lady who caught them had been feeding them adult wet food. That unfortunately caused them to have diarrhea. Once I got them to my house, I gave them some dry kitten food mixed with water. Both have stopped with the diarrhea and are doing solids.

Still no names though. I would like to give them more "human" names like Maggie and Gracie. Husband and boys nixed that idea. I have been calling the calico one Miss Cali but who knows if that will stick. If anyone has any ideas for names, let me know. I got them their first appointment for shots and a wellness exam on 6/15 at Calvert Well Pet Clinic. That was the first available appointment.

Attachments

• grey.jpg
    grey.jpg
    808 KB · Views: 1,384
  • calico.jpg
    calico.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 501
  • kittens .jpg
    kittens .jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 512

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
What have the boys been calling them? Every cat I ever owned had a weird name - Sundown, Wild Thing, Catwoman, Quit Staring At Me....
Both seem afraid of the cats. :lol: They were too young to remember the two cats we had when they were so tiny. These two are even more tiny than the other two. They are afraid to hold them for fear of hurting them. Oldest is freaked out by the hissing even though I keep telling him she is all talk and no action. They started getting more of their personality last night so hopefully they will start feeling more secure with us. I was in the bathroom getting ready for work and both came to the door way to look around. That is a start. As soon as I moved a little, they both ran back under the bed.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
They are both beautiful! It is wonderful that you adopted two and I am glad they found a great home with your family!
They both love to climb up on that magazine holder and swat at the other who is down below. Kind of like their version of "King of the mountain". They really interact well with each other. They boink each other's heads or play with each other's tails. The two we had before just tolerated each other most of the time. Male would try to beat up the female or chase her. They were siblings like these two new ones.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Adorbs!!! Give them some plain boxes and paper bags...
I found an ball with a bell inside that I must have gotten for our cats years ago that they never played with. I must have stuck it in the drawer downstairs but for some reason I remembered it yesterday and gave it to the babies. Husband said when he got out of the shower, both had climbed up onto my bed and were sitting on my pillow. When he left for work, they were playing with that ball. They seem to really like a cord that is hanging down from our ironing board/hamper combo thing so I might stop at Petco and pick up a couple of those fishing pole type toys. I am hoping if we can play with them more, they will become less frightened of us. The calico loves to climb up the mesh on the sides of the hamper bag so maybe a cat tree might be in order too.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I found an ball with a bell inside that I must have gotten for our cats years ago that they never played with. I must have stuck it in the drawer downstairs but for some reason I remembered it yesterday and gave it to the babies. Husband said when he got out of the shower, both had climbed up onto my bed and were sitting on my pillow. When he left for work, they were playing with that ball. They seem to really like a cord that is hanging down from our ironing board/hamper combo thing so I might stop at Petco and pick up a couple of those fishing pole type toys. I am hoping if we can play with them more, they will become less frightened of us. The calico loves to climb up the mesh on the sides of the hamper bag so maybe a cat tree might be in order too.
That's great! Get a laser pointer. My fattie won't chase it, but he will lay in his spot and reach for it. :lmao:
Sleeping on your pillow is good, it means they are used to your scent. Have you tried catnip yet?

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
That's great! Get a laser pointer. My fattie won't chase it, but he will lay in his spot and reach for it. :lmao:
Sleeping on your pillow is good, it means they are used to your scent. Have you tried catnip yet?
We had a laser pointer. My youngest was asking about it yesterday. Will have to look around for it. With how much the calico loved climbing up the hamper, I thought that she might climb up on the bed in the middle of the night and freak me out. The first night was like having a newborn. They would sleep for a while and then start crying for a while. I am sure they miss Momma badly as well as their two other sisters. Broke my heart. They were much better last night. I think I only heard them cry out once.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
We had a laser pointer. My youngest was asking about it yesterday. Will have to look around for it. With how much the calico loved climbing up the hamper, I thought that she might climb up on the bed in the middle of the night and freak me out. The first night was like having a newborn. They would sleep for a while and then start crying for a while. I am sure they miss Momma badly as well as their two other sisters. Broke my heart. They were much better last night. I think I only heard them cry out once.
My guy spent $10 on replacement batteries for ours. I told him he could have probably bought a new one for less. :lol:

Put down some dirty shirts or socks for them to sleep on. That should settle them down. Fatass sleeps on SOs dirty socks when he leaves them on the living room floor. If he could fit in his boots, he would probably sleep in them. :lmao:

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
My guy spent $10 on replacement batteries for ours. I told him he could have probably bought a new one for less. :lol:

Put down some dirty shirts or socks for them to sleep on. That should settle them down. Fatass sleeps on SOs dirty socks when he leaves them on the living room floor. If he could fit in his boots, he would probably sleep in them. :lmao:
Does sleeping under dirty clothes count? :lol: They love to sleep under the hamper bags. They wedge themselves under it because it's full. I might throw a shirt or two under the bed as that is their newest place to hide/sleep. Hopefully I don't forget about it and a month later wonder why there is a shirt under my bed. :lmao:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Does sleeping under dirty clothes count? :lol: They love to sleep under the hamper bags. They wedge themselves under it because it's full. I might throw a shirt or two under the bed as that is their newest place to hide/sleep. Hopefully I don't forget about it and a month later wonder why there is a shirt under my bed. :lmao:
Absolutely! :lmao:

luvmygdaughters

Yes and that makes it even harder that they want nothing to do with me. I want to snuggle them but they won't let me.
When I was a kid, my older sister brought home a persian kitten that someone was giving away. We named her Cleo and she was beautiful, but, she only wanted to be held and loved on when she was in the mood. If you tried picking her up when she didn't want to be held...she'd let you know it!!

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
When I was a kid, my older sister brought home a persian kitten that someone was giving away. We named her Cleo and she was beautiful, but, she only wanted to be held and loved on when she was in the mood. If you tried picking her up when she didn't want to be held...she'd let you know it!!
My sister had a cat named Texas. The only time she wouldn't try to kill you was when she was pregnant. (Sister was not a responsible owner and didn't get any of her cats fixed. At one point, she had 5 adults and 12 kittens. Mothers were having babies with sons. Ick!)