The best classified ads?

flarenuphope

laura+flare= gone
Okay I have some horses I'm selling and i was wondering who has the best classified ads, that has the best results? The sites that i go on the most is the ones here, craigs list, horsetopia.com, equine.com, equinenow.com, dreamhorse.com, and then theres the horse and livestock trader. Has anyone used these? For most of the websites its about $20 for photo ads, and for the livestock trader I'm thinking about getting a colored photo ad. Does anyone have any tips for selling a horse?

devinej

i've used dreamhorse and equine.com. they tend to get me the most responses. tips: post a GOOD picture, not just a random one. make it look professional. spell things correctly and use correct grammer and punctuation.

CountryLady

luvmyponies
Okay I have some horses I'm selling and i was wondering who has the best classified ads, that has the best results? The sites that i go on the most is the ones here, craigs list, horsetopia.com, equine.com, equinenow.com, dreamhorse.com, and then theres the horse and livestock trader. Has anyone used these? For most of the websites its about $20 for photo ads, and for the livestock trader I'm thinking about getting a colored photo ad. Does anyone have any tips for selling a horse?

i've used dreamhorse and equine.com. they tend to get me the most responses. tips: post a GOOD picture, not just a random one. make it look professional. spell things correctly and use correct grammer and punctuation.

:yeahthat:

I like equinenow! (personal pref for shopping)

TIP: well thought out AD, ask freinds (horse type perferrably) to proof read it for ya if you can.

Last edited:

highnote

My experience has been that dreamhorse.com is the site to find "deals" (lower priced horses). It seems to have a lot more "backyard" horses, which is great for buyers looking for deals but not so great for sellers looking to sell a top-quality mount. It seems to be more trail/backyard horses than show horses.

Equine.com is great, but they cater more to the higher-end show horses (not so many deals). You see a lot of dressage, eventing, jumpers, plus a fair amount of western show horses. Their $100 photo/video ads are great because they refund the entire thing if the horse doesn't sell.

So, I would say it depends on the market you are looking to sell to. Look for a site that has a lot of horses already listed similar to yours, because that's where the buyers are going to be looking. A buyer looking for a top-of-the-line eventer isn't going to waste their time shuffling through a thousand $500 backyard pony ads.

Do NOT use equine hits. Not only do they have very little traffic (and no ad response) but when I tried placing some ads there a while ago, they overcharged me. I contacted them at least 10 times through email, phone, etc and never got a single reply (and of course no refund). But I did start getting a LOT of spam (20 times more than normal) right around the same time I placed the ad! Scam, scam.

Last edited:

BlissfulJumper

Equestrian :)
I'm not sure what disapline horse you are selling but I really like huntseathorses.com they also have a western section. But Huntseathorses.com is for high end sellers. Most of the time the horses stay about 10k if they are mature. I also am a big fan of Dreamhorse.com found my gelding there. You might also be able to contact a broker of sorts and they could market to their private buyers, that's how I found my mare.

Options are limitless. Just depends on price, breed, training and area.

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
Have good conformation shots, action shots, and video.

Do a spell check and grammar check. Have someone else read it over and give feedback.

covekat

I've had good resutls with Dreamhorse. I sold a five figure horse on that site last year. You could also try Big Eq if you have a decent show horse for sale!

Duckz

Another vote for Dreamhorse :howdy: I sold my old horse and bought my current horse through them. There's a pretty wide range of horses on there. If you have a super fancy show horse for sale you probably want one of the more specialized sites (BigEq for fancy hunter/eq/jumper) but I'd say for an under 20k horse Dreamhorse and Equine.com are good places to start.

Good luck!