The best dishwasher you've ever bought

SamSpade

Admittedly, some of the biggest problems I have with appliances is, there's barely a way to ensure hot water gets to all parts of the house.

I'm convinced after 40-50 years, the inside of the hot water pipes are so very corroded that it's just sheer luck hot water makes it there
at all. A typical effort in the kitchen starts with one of us turning on the hot water and walking away for a few minutes until the hot water
chooses to arrive. Now I've hand-set the damned setting on that hot water heater - which is nearly new - to the OMIGOD I'm in HELL
setting, one they actually tell in the manual DON'T crank it up this high, you might hurt the water heater to which I reply to the manual
"well STFU because if I DON'T, I don't have a hot water heater."

That - and that the pipes are likely so corroded internally that the hot water usually comes out with VERY little pressure - and again,
I've got that damned thing set to "blow it to the moon".

So it comes to me as no surprise that our appliances which are now designed to use the hot water I already have are failing, because
it's not getting much hot water to begin with. I have given serious thought to just getting a local hot water heater under the sink.

I haven't heard of a solution of unclogging the pipes that doesn't involve the cost of pulling all the pipes.

PeoplesElbow

Admittedly, some of the biggest problems I have with appliances is, there's barely a way to ensure hot water gets to all parts of the house.

I'm convinced after 40-50 years, the inside of the hot water pipes are so very corroded that it's just sheer luck hot water makes it there
at all. A typical effort in the kitchen starts with one of us turning on the hot water and walking away for a few minutes until the hot water
chooses to arrive. Now I've hand-set the damned setting on that hot water heater - which is nearly new - to the OMIGOD I'm in HELL
setting, one they actually tell in the manual DON'T crank it up this high, you might hurt the water heater to which I reply to the manual
"well STFU because if I DON'T, I don't have a hot water heater."

That - and that the pipes are likely so corroded internally that the hot water usually comes out with VERY little pressure - and again,
I've got that damned thing set to "blow it to the moon".

So it comes to me as no surprise that our appliances which are now designed to use the hot water I already have are failing, because
it's not getting much hot water to begin with. I have given serious thought to just getting a local hot water heater under the sink.

I haven't heard of a solution of unclogging the pipes that doesn't involve the cost of pulling all the pipes.

No plumber is going to want to do anything about that but replace the pipe, probably with PEX.

If you are willing to go without water for 24 hrs or so you can clean out copper pipes with some ingenuity. You have to drain the pipes and fill with lime away or vinegar. You could do it in sections to have minimal impact.

If you do end up replacing pipe and it is 1/2 stuff I would upgrade to 3/4 if possible.

Just walked past my washer, almost at the end of a load. Noticed the steam coming out. Made me think.... if you have and use a Sanitize function, that has to be done with steam. In order to get steam, you have to heat the water beyond 200*F. So if the washer has a sanitize function, it has a heater coil. Whether or not it's used as often as an older washer.....

lucky_bee

RBF expert
We have sumsung...piece of crap. The oven and fridge are great but we're on our 2nd samsung dishwasher in 3 years. Husband insisted the appliances needed to match so he bought again. It uses a month's supply of Jet Dry in 2 weeks, doesn't drain properly, and is all around flimsy. Thank god is does have a long sanitizing stage otherwise I wouldn't be eating off those plates.

however it is very quiet and when it's done, the door pops open to finish the drying process and it sings a tune :sshrug:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
The Maytag I bought is 10 years old this year, but I can tell you the Maytag repair man earned his pay on this one. 4 visits. 3 were just to replace the touch panel control board.