The Bizarre Candidacy of John Kerry

Otter

Nothing to see here
Townhall.com David Limbaugh September 14, 2004

Remember when former Senator Bob Kerrey said that Bill Clinton was an "unusually good liar -- unusually good"? Well, surely by now Democrats realize that John Kerry is an unusually bad candidate -- unusually bad. Just consider:

Kerry's never said why he should be president, other than to fulfill a lifelong dream. He inappropriately boasts of his war heroism, when experience tells us that authentic heroes rarely brag about their heroism.

The Swift Boat Veterans have deeply discredited numerous parts of his Vietnam record, but Kerry hasn't even attempted a factual rebuttal to any of the charges. He has been forced to admit -- despite testifying the memory was "seared, seared in me" -- he wasn't in Cambodia, Christmas 1968, at the orders of Richard Nixon, who wasn't yet president.

He's had to virtually admit that no hostile fire accompanied his first Purple Heart incident, meaning he didn't deserve that award.

He has personally attacked President Bush's National Guard Service and V.P. Cheney's "five deferments" and contrasted it with his volunteering for two tours of duty in Vietnam. But he hasn't answered John O'Neill's charge that his first tour was 100 miles off the shore of Vietnam and he didn't volunteer for service until he was about to be drafted. Besides, who in their right mind would believe that Kerry would volunteer to risk his life in a war he adamantly opposed?

He either perjured himself in his antiwar testimony before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee in admitting to committing atrocities or he actually committed those atrocities, which is worse. POWs have said their Communist captors used his slander of our troops against them.

rest of story in link at top

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
David said:
I sure wouldn't want anyone putting my life under a microscope for the whole world to see.
I will suggest that you never shot yourself to get an award. Nor did you forge documents to make your political opponent look bad. Nor do you have a former drug habit. I could go on and on...

CBS has all but admitted that the forged documents came from the Kerry campaign. This, to me, is one of the biggest scandals in the history of modern politics. They're trying to say that the "source" had everything handwritten, so they typed it up so it would be neater.

Can you imagine? :shocking:

ylexot

Super Genius
vraiblonde said:
They're trying to say that the "source" had everything handwritten, so they typed it up so it would be neater.

Most people would have typed it up and given it along with the original, not try to make it look like an authentic document.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
ylexot said:
Most people would have typed it up and given it along with the original, not try to make it look like an authentic document.
:ohwell: I think it's fairly plain for all to see, that Dan Rather received some damning evidence against GW, and in his overzealous liberal leanings, he went with it. He may have made a cursory assessment to it's validity, not too deeply, I might add, and decided to run it.

It immediately came under fire from various sectors who saw things that Rather did not, or chose not to see. More and more experts have had a chance to put these memos under the microscope, and have all but pronounced them as forgeries.

Now his azz is in the hot seat, and he has to deal with the consequences; question is, will he do it in an honorable fashion, or will he try to weasel his way out of it?

SamSpade

vraiblonde said:
CBS has all but admitted that the forged documents came from the Kerry campaign. This, to me, is one of the biggest scandals in the history of modern politics. They're trying to say that the "source" had everything handwritten, so they typed it up so it would be neater.

And then what? Forged a dead man's signature?

There's no 'good' spin for this, except to admit it was a mistake.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
:duh: And yet, the liberal left is still trying to spin this event to their advantage; they are intimating that Karl Rove(on MSNBC tonight) set this whole thing in motion, so that Kerry suporters would gobble it up!

While that is entertaining and laughable, I can't see it happening; there would be too much of a risk involved for the Bush camp.

But it's fun to realize how far the libs rationalizations can veer off course. :killingme

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
SamSpade said:
And then what? Forged a dead man's signature?

There's no 'good' spin for this, except to admit it was a mistake.
Well, the story changes from minute to minute. But I hate Dan Rather and CBS so I'm glad they finally got caught in a lie that they can't squirm out of.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
penncam said:
...or will he try to weasel his way out of it?
I vote that he will weasel. It is the liberal way. Can't take responsibility ... have to find a scapegoat.

Gooseneck

2ndAmendment said:
I vote that he will weasel. It is the liberal way. Can't take responsibility ... have to find a scapegoat.
Dan Rather and CBS will probably come out sqeaky clean by claiming victim status.

SamSpade

Gooseneck said:
Dan Rather and CBS will probably come out sqeaky clean by claiming victim status.

Already happened. He's blaming "partisan political operatives" who have missed the point of the story. And we're supposed to ignore the fact that SOMEONE completely manufactured evidence to support what no one has been able to prove. They're so convinced they're right about this, they can't hear everyone laughing over it.

"Your honor, yes, we did make up the evidence...yes it's true our witnesses weren't there, and they're lying...but I swear he's guilty, I just KNOW it".

And this might be a good point to make if any of us really gave a rat's azz about it. Remember, this whole thing is whether he got preferential treatment regarding showing up for a physical over thirty years ago. Like *ANYONE* should even care.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
This whole thing is like Alice in Wonderland or something. One of the doc forger's lawyer was on TV last night saying that we shouldn't be focusing on his client, but on where George Bush was during his last year in the NG.

:twitch:

So they fake documents to allege something no one cares about anyway, then say we're supposed to ignore what they've presented as evidence and focus on an incident that only has fake documents to support it and hundreds of documents (and witnesses) to dispute it.

They make an enormous deal out of George Bush's NG record, presenting fake documents as evidence. Then they say they wish George Bush would quit talking about Vietnam and talk about issues.

They come up with some Rube Goldberg scenario where Karl Rove faked the documents and planted them so the Democrats would jump on them like Roseanne at a buffet, then be embarrassed when the documents were revealed as fake.

Now apparently the Scare America guys have decided that Dick Cheney built a weather machine (a la Simon Bar Sinister) to create all these hurricanes to destroy Florida and make Floridians vote for George Bush. (Must find a link)

This whole thing is just nutty. It's like one of those weird political things you hear about happening in the 1800s, where some politician accuses his opponent of "matriculating" and "committing matrimony".

:twitch:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Yeah!!!

Karl Rove faked the documents and planted them so the Democrats would jump on them like Roseanne at a buffet

And did you know that James Carville planted the Swift boat story so that Republicans would jump all over it...so that THEY and not Kerry would look...uh...bad...because uh...you see, by planting a story that your guy faked...uh...embelished...OK, lied, about parts of his service then, you see...uh...well...that makes your guy look good because bad is...good...and...uh...well...then good is...bad...and...uh...so Rove...KNOWING how this...uh...works...PAID, yeah! PAID Dan to be stupid...because...uh...well...he didn't know Dan would do stupid for...free...and uh, well, war is peace, as you all know and...uh, well, Rove would stoop to anything...uh, because, uh...well...uh...