The case for Pat White

C

czygvtwkr

As 4th string quarterback Pat White knows that he is a long shot to make the team over Rex Grossman, but I think he makes more sense than Rex. Fist off Cousins is good, so good infact that I do not look for him to be a backup for much longer, possibly a trade target. Grossman is aging and never really did a whole lot for the Redskins before, and he is a different style QB than RG3. Being the same style of QB as RG3 I think it makes more sense to have White than it does Grossman. If the Redskins need to rely on the 3rd string QB things are pretty desperate anyway. Finally White is making the league minimum, saving some money never hurt.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
The problem is that Wrecks is loved by teammates as a solid leader, and, most importantly, RG loves the guy.

As for Cousins, people keep saying that, trade bait but, his contract is good for a couple years and we have, like it or not, a starter who is injury prone. It makes no sense in this free agent era to trade a virtual #1 qb cheap and it makes no sense for anyone else to trade big for a guy who, no matter how good we think he is, has not proven humself.

Yet.

struggler44

A Salute to all on Watch
The problem is that Wrecks is loved by teammates as a solid leader, and, most importantly, RG loves the guy.

As for Cousins, people keep saying that, trade bait but, his contract is good for a couple years and we have, like it or not, a starter who is injury prone. It makes no sense in this free agent era to trade a virtual #1 qb cheap and it makes no sense for anyone else to trade big for a guy who, no matter how good we think he is, has not proven humself.

Yet.

I like Cousins, how many picks could they get for RGIII?

C

czygvtwkr

I question why is White there? I think he could make a decent receiver (if he can catch that is) and kept as a last option QB. Pittsburgh at one time had two receivers that were QB's in college (Ward and Randal El). Always thought it was a good idea to have a contingency plan like this.

Teams trade beloved players all the time, even starting QB's (Manning, Favre, and the QB god himself Montana).

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I question why is White there? I think he could make a decent receiver (if he can catch that is) and kept as a last option QB. Pittsburgh at one time had two receivers that were QB's in college (Ward and Randal El). Always thought it was a good idea to have a contingency plan like this.

Teams trade beloved players all the time, even starting QB's (Manning, Favre, and the QB god himself Montana).

He is here to sub for RG in practice both for our O and D.

C

czygvtwkr

Kind of a strange rules for practice squad, White is not eligible to be on the practice squad.