The Catholic Church steps backwards

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
After all the speculation that it was time for a pope from a developing country and after the debate of whether the conclave of cardinals would pick someone who would build bridges toward the church's outcasts and second-class citizens, the church fled to yesteryear, hoping to avoid facing today.
Another glaring example of posting opinion as if it were fact (or news).

Pete

Repete
Liberals are going to find fault in anyone who bristles at homosexuality, deluding the sanctity of marriage or radical changes to thousands of years of tradition.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The Catholic church condemns gays, gays condemn the Catholic church. Seems fair enough to me.

D

dems4me

I'm not trying to be funny or anything and am seriously open-mindedly listening.... but I thought you guys would like the new Pope.... he's labled as a conservative, etc.... :shrug: :confused:

somdcrab

:popcorn:
dems4me said:
I'm not trying to be funny or anything and am seriously open-mindedly listening.... but I thought you guys would like the new Pope.... he's labled as a conservative, etc.... :shrug: :confused:

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
Pete said:
Liberals are going to find fault in anyone who bristles at homosexuality, deluding the sanctity of marriage or radical changes to thousands of years of tradition.
I'm a Catholic liberal who loves gays. Is that why you won't return my calls?

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
While I have my opinions about the Church's teachings, I'm not Catholic. I certainly don't expect the Church to change just because I don't agree with the teachings. Like Benedict XVI is going to read his e-mail and think, "Mother of God, this guy Tonio says there's nothing in the Bible that prevents the ordination of women. We'd better fix that right away!" :lol:

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
Tonio said:
While I have my opinions about the Church's teachings, I'm not Catholic. I certainly don't expect the Church to change just because I don't agree with the teachings. Like Benedict XVI is going to read his e-mail and think, "Mother of God, this guy Tonio says there's nothing in the Bible that prevents the ordination of women. We'd better fix that right away!" :lol:

Had you been raised a Catholic you would have been taught that the Roman Catholic church is guided by the Bible and Tradition. The farther removed in time we become from the writers of the Bible, the more influential Tradition becomes.

I don't think this Pope will be expected to do too much in the short time he has. But then again, Pope John I wasn't supposed to do much as a caretaker Pope either.