The Connors

truby20

Fighting like a girl
Just watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TTcrxWJrpc

I honestly have always felt Roseanne was one of the hardest working people out there for the ignored classes, this video breaks my heart. I think all public persons should stay away from Twitter, the benefits are negligible, the risks of misunderstood tweets are incalculable.

truby20

Fighting like a girl
I seriously found her to be voice for the voiceless, even today..and to have it all taken away, because of Twitter, ugh.

That scene where she shows of her awards?! It honestly broke my heart, she didn't want this to happen. Can you imagine if Twitter existed 50 years ago? How many of our heroes would no longer be on that tier? Are we only supposed to cheer for the moral elite? give me a break.

truby20

Fighting like a girl
Do we even know who the moral elite is nowadays?

Used to be the religious right, back in my day.

Is it now the more economical fair? The populists, Trump, Bernie, Edwards, or those pushing guaranteed income?

Hijinx

I saw a woman wallowing in depression. I didn't watch the new show, but I did read a clip that they killed her off in the show by saying she overdosed.
It's a comedy show I suppose,but there are a lot of ways to die. There are heart attacks, auto accidents, shootings, many ways.
They picked an drug overdose. What a low life way to end her. What a slap.
There is nothing funny about drug overdoses.

What a low life channel to depict her ending like that and what low life actors to allow it.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I saw a woman wallowing in depression. I didn't watch the new show, but I did read a clip that they killed her off in the show by saying she overdosed.
It's a comedy show I suppose,but there are a lot of ways to die. There are heart attacks, auto accidents, shootings, many ways.
They picked an drug overdose. What a low life way to end her. What a slap.
There is nothing funny about drug overdoses.

What a low life channel to depict her ending like that and what low life actors to allow it.

I get that. I seem to recall that on the debut re-boot episode, it was mentioned she was on several medications due to a bad knee.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
What do you think of Manifest so far? I have recorded it and I think it has some good paths to follow but Im not all in on the characters.

I'm on the fence and have only seen it because BF DVRs it. AHS is on at the same time. But I'm usually asleep for both anyway. :lol:

Hijinx

I get that. I seem to recall that on the debut re-boot episode, it was mentioned she was on several medications due to a bad knee.

I knew a fine lady with a bad knee, she was on medications and she died from a blood clot from her knee operation.

I just think overdose was a nasty decision to use to kill her off.

truby20

Fighting like a girl
I knew a fine lady with a bad knee, she was on medications and she died from a blood clot from her knee operation.

They should have never continued the show

What is Manifest on? Hulu? Netflix? Channel 10?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member

Strange how things like that happen. Dana Reeve died of lung cancer and she never smoked.

mitzi

I was really enjoying it, i did not get to see the last episode before ABC pulled it from their website.

Or do you mean the Conners?

I missed the last 2 episodes also because they pulled them. One of them she was having a problem with the pills because of the pain from her knee (of course, that was one I missed so I don't know the outcome of her problem or if she had the surgery). I did watched The Conners. She died in her sleep which they found out a few weeks later was from the pills, she stopped breathing. Then as the family was going thru her things they found stashes of pills. It made sense to end of that way to me since the knee pain and medicine was a topic last year when she was still on the show. It brought light to the accidental overdoses of opiates. It was a little sad to me because it seems like she really did die and this was how they were writing her out of the show. It was funny at times, but I kept expecting her to walk in during a scene. John Goodman was good but I don't know if he can carry the show by himself. To me, him and Roseanne together carried the show.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
And yet ....total pond scum like Whoopie Goldberg get a pass..day in and day out...for far worse.