The convection/microwave combo took a dump

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I got a new unit on order. I tried to order the exact replacement. They are backlogged nationwide. There must be a part that isn't currently in the supply chain. Since I don't feel like waiting, I ordered a suitable substitute.

Our little kitchen doesn't have a regular range with an oven. Instead we have an electric range top and a combo hood vent/light/microwave/ convection oven. It's very similar to what a lot of newer RVs have in their galley.

In the mean time we have the air fryer. But its' capacity isn't all that much. We are currently living like savages without a proper oven. But Lowe's promises me that I will be all fixed up next week. We shall see.

I remember when I first got acquainted with convection ovens & microwaves. It was 1978. Carter was fumbling around in the oval office. Gasoline was 65¢ a gallon. John Madden (Yes, that John Madden) was the Super Bowl winning coach. I was employed in the commercial kitchen of a now defunct Ramada Inn. They had both microwave ovens and convection ovens. The MW wasn't the 1000+ wattage units of the 21st century. But I was convinced they were some sort of black magic. Heats liquid in 2 minutes and you can just reach in and pull out the cup without burning your hands. The CO took raw bacon and turned it into crispy, orgasmic goodness in less than half the time it took to do it in a frying pan. Plus you could do it in your underwear and not have to worry about backsplash. For the record, I never showed up to work in just my underwear.

Speaking of underwear, I feel naked without having a functioning an oven. I don't know how humanity lasted for all these centuries without this necessary device. Yet here we are. 2022. Arguing if men can compete against women in swimming events. What would John Madden make of this? Speaking of necessary devices, does anyone on this forum own a cherry pitter? I won't get into the details, because that is an entirely separate forum post.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
For your consideration ...

I got a new unit on order. I tried to order the exact replacement. They are backlogged nationwide. There must be a part that isn't currently in the supply chain. Since I don't feel like waiting, I ordered a suitable substitute.

Our little kitchen doesn't have a regular range with an oven. Instead we have an electric range top and a combo hood vent/light/microwave/ convection oven. It's very similar to what a lot of newer RVs have in their galley.

In the mean time we have the air fryer. But its' capacity isn't all that much. We are currently living like savages without a proper oven. But Lowe's promises me that I will be all fixed up next week. We shall see.

I remember when I first got acquainted with convection ovens & microwaves. It was 1978. Carter was fumbling around in the oval office. Gasoline was 65¢ a gallon. John Madden (Yes, that John Madden) was the Super Bowl winning coach. I was employed in the commercial kitchen of a now defunct Ramada Inn. They had both microwave ovens and convection ovens. The MW wasn't the 1000+ wattage units of the 21st century. But I was convinced they were some sort of black magic. Heats liquid in 2 minutes and you can just reach in and pull out the cup without burning your hands. The CO took raw bacon and turned it into crispy, orgasmic goodness in less than half the time it took to do it in a frying pan. Plus you could do it in your underwear and not have to worry about backsplash. For the record, I never showed up to work in just my underwear.

Speaking of underwear, I feel naked without having a functioning an oven. I don't know how humanity lasted for all these centuries without this necessary device. Yet here we are. 2022. Arguing if men can compete against women in swimming events. What would John Madden make of this? Speaking of necessary devices, does anyone on this forum own a cherry pitter? I won't get into the details, because that is an entirely separate forum post.
Have you tried any thrift shops or Habitat For Humanity ReStore? Most often they have an array of choices for the consummate buyer.

Bonehead

Maybe a toaster oven. The Delongi convection toaster oven we use over the gas stove oven almost exclusively

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
FYI: we lived for 5 years in the motorhome without a proper oven and I didn't miss it once.

BOP

I worked in restaurants back then where they used microwaves for one thing, and one thing only: heating or reheating stuff. They would not allow you to cook anything. For example: fluffing an omlet was okay, cooking bacon was verbotten. To heat a piece of pie, you put a romaine leaf on the griddle, put the pie on top of that, sprinkle some water around the romaine, and stick a cover over the whole thing for a few minutes. What you weren't allowed to do was stick the pie in the MW and heat it up.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member

I have a cherry pitter, it’s a six holer. It’s a great olive pitter too.