The Countdown Begins

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Day One post ACL double meniscus surgery.
Wonder when I'll be back?

Femoral block still has my leg numb, so far so good.
Anestethesiologis FORGOT to put the block in before i was out of surgery, so the pain woke me up, and i asked WTH the pain work me up.....i had signed the form for the block and they said i "shouldn't" be in too much pain when i woke up...so they had to call another anesthesiologist in to put the block in in the recovery room...:burning:
oh well it's over now.

HunterJJD

I am day eseven of Labrel repair and carpel tunnel surgery both in right arm. The block is GREAT, till it is gone. Funny trying to move your arm and no matter what, it is not moving unless you pick it up with other arm.

I did not hit computer for a few days. So looks like you are starting out well

best wishes. I get staples out today and start PT tomorrow

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
I didn't know you were having surgery!!
What's labrel surgery?
OK we'll share this thread :lol:
I had to get up (the anesthesia has my lungs congested so i have to sit up for a while after laying down all night), I'm still shaky, and waiting for the numbness to wear off. The femoral block includes the the upper thigh all the way to my mid calf, and that's all bandaged, in a straight leg brace, with this cool ice apparatus hooked to a pump and cooler for continuous icing (the magic of modern medicine!).

The computer is in the family room where I've planted myself, it was speaking to me...:lol:

I wish you well hunter! Keep us posted!

HunterJJD

happyappygirl said:
with this cool ice apparatus hooked to a pump and cooler for continuous icing (the magic of modern medicine!).
that thing is bad azz, I loved mine. worth its weight in gold. First time I loaded it up FULL with ice and then water, hooked her up and plugged it in. Before I could sit that COLD hit me and almost hit the ceiling. Boy did I laugh at my self.
Had soar throat for a few days from tube, glad I was out the whole time I had that. It would have sent me crazy, good thing they did not tell me about that till I was there.
I was cut on in Calvert Hos. If it was not for the nurse that took me back first I would have left and never had it done. I think her name is Amanda, she was great, very laid back, funny and made it all easy on me. I almost left before I got across the bridge so she was great to keep me in there. Hands down she needs a raise. I will find her name out and talk to someone to say how great she was.

Labrel is in the front of your shoulder from what I understand and can explain

BrassieChic

happyappygirl said:

Anestethesiologis FORGOT to put the block in before i was out of surgery, so the pain woke me up, and i asked WTH the pain work me up.....i had signed the form for the block and they said i "shouldn't" be in too much pain when i woke up...so they had to call another anesthesiologist in to put the block in in the recovery room...:burning:
oh well it's over now.

GET WELL SOON! :flowers:

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
happyappygirl said:

oh well it's over now.

:flowers: :flowers: Glad to hear your on the mend!! Take it easy and don't push it....

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
HunterJJD said:
:dead:
:lol:

yeah mine was sore too, but prolly because they let a pararmedic use me to "try out his technique in a controlled situation" :frown: Rottncop yelled yes when they asked ME. :ohwell:
I had mine done at Calvert too. GREAT staff - except the stupid anesthesiologist who forgot to put the femoral in so i had to have novacain shot in my groin to do the block. now that was AWFUL. Rottncop yanked the bandaid off that, and pulled the knee drain out today :faint:

Last edited:

HorseLady

Painted Spirit
Hope your on the speedy road to recovery!!! :flowers: At least you've got some humid icky weather to spend inside! Have they given you a timeline on recovery?

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
:howdy: Im so glad that you finally got your surgery. You have been on my mind since HSS...boy I had a great time with you and your girl. I wish you a speedy recovery :love: and NO getting on a horse (not even just to sit there) dont I know you well? :killingme. I have have LOTS of drinks for ya on Saturday night :razz: .

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Went in for a post op today...she found some other sutff going on that I have to have adressed before we know anything. Bone density issues.