J6 Committiee - An Imperial Power Unto Themselves

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Next week, the House select committee on the Capitol riot will begin its “investigation” into the circumstances surrounding the events of January 6. In truth, the event has already been investigated by eight congressional committees, looking into failures by the police, domestic security agencies, and security at the Capitol.

But Democrats believe much more needs to be investigated. They believe this was a gigantic conspiracy of right-wing, white nationalist extremists who wanted to overthrow the government. And they believe that Donald Trump not only instigated the violence but carefully planned the insurrection in order to stay in office.

Trump had help from congressional Republicans, so we will be told. Some of them gave access to the Capitol to some of the insurrectionists under the guise of giving congressional tours. It was actually a reconnaissance mission,” Democrats will suggest. Others coordinated the actions of the insurrectionists, taking instructions from Trump in the White House.

It may sound bat-guano crazy, but these are the sorts of things that the select committee will investigate. We will hear that this dangerous conspiracy of Oath Keepers, Q-Anon believers, Klansmen, Kluxers, and assorted kooks actually posed a threat to the stability of the American government.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Nancy Pelosi Kicks Ranking Republicans Jim Jordan, Jim Banks Off Partisan Jan. 6 Commission

In a statement riddled with overdramatic claims and lies that the Capitol riot was “the worst domestic assault on American Democracy since the Civil War” and a “terrorist mob attack,” Pelosi declared that two of the five Republicans House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy nominated to sit on the partisan committee were not good enough.

“With respect for the integrity of the investigation, with an insistence on the truth and with concern about statements made and actions taken by these Members, I must reject the recommendations of Representatives Banks and Jordan to the Select Committee,” she wrote.

Hijinx

Pelosi as good as said that Banks and Jordan were biased against the truth .
Not that anyone she has endorsed for the commission is biased.
Not Liz Chaney. Maybe she would accept Collins or Romney.

Rommey

Pelosi as good as said that Banks and Jordan were biased against the truth .
Not that anyone she has endorsed for the commission is biased.
Not Liz Chaney. Maybe she would accept Collins or Romney.
Those are Senators, not House members...just sayin'.

Rommey

Didn't the House already investigate this and impeach Trump? I mean they did such a deliberate investigation that took mere days to justify the ends, I'm surprised they will be able to find anything else. [/sarcasm]

Seriously, if they are going down this path, I wish they would find out the truth from all the parties involved as to the level of their involvement/complicity and find out why some the people arrested are still in jail and what their specific involvement was. If their stated mission is to find the truth, then certainly some evidence found should be beneficial to some of those facing criminal charges.

SamSpade

I’m still flabbergasted that ANYONE is actually stupid enough to think this was much more than a hastily thrown together crowd of disgruntled voters. Why? Because if I thought I would overthrow the government I might have at least been armed with a water pistol.

Antifa shows up with masks, bats, Molotov cocktails and fireworks. And they’re “peaceful“. Presumably these guys concocted a massive “insurrection” and no one thought to bring a slingshot? What were they planning to use, harsh language?

BOP

I’m still flabbergasted that ANYONE is actually stupid enough to think this was much more than a hastily thrown together crowd of disgruntled voters. Why? Because if I thought I would overthrow the government I might have at least been armed with a water pistol.

Antifa shows up with masks, bats, Molotov cocktails and fireworks. And they’re “peaceful“. Presumably these guys concocted a massive “insurrection” and no one thought to bring a slingshot? What were they planning to use, harsh language?
Selfies.

SamSpade

When Benghazi happened, we were supposed to believe that a pissed-off mob showed up over an YouTube video that likely no one in the entire country ever saw - and attacked a compound full of CIA confiscated and buyback weapons - and they were coordinated and VERY well armed.

But THAT - that was a spontaneous mob.

This - none of these people were even armed, and very few injuries occurred, at least on the side of those who work in the building. The "damages" appear mostly to be therapy for those snowflakes who got the vapors over the idea that rednecks were in the building. Unless the FBI releases all of their footage showing something like the storming of the Bastille, it still doesn't look any different from a mild day of protest last summer.

Hijinx

Didn't the House already investigate this and impeach Trump? I mean they did such a deliberate investigation that took mere days to justify the ends, I'm surprised they will be able to find anything else. [/sarcasm]

Seriously, if they are going down this path, I wish they would find out the truth from all the parties involved as to the level of their involvement/complicity and find out why some the people arrested are still in jail and what their specific involvement was. If their stated mission is to find the truth, then certainly some evidence found should be beneficial to some of those facing criminal charges.

I like the way you think, and I agree. Find out why Pelosi and the FBI had early information that this would happen and did nothing, find out why the National Guard was offered and turned down, Find out who actually instigated the entrance and why the guard just moved away.

Yes: It would be nice to have a true investigation of why the people who entered have been ruined and languish in jail while ANTIFA goes home the night of their arrest.

But ya know what.? That's just a dream. This investigation is a joke, a farce, the results have already been set by Pelosi.
You know it. I know it. The world knows it and still we will pay millions for the pre-determined result.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Teary Capitol Police Officer Who Testified About January 6 Previously Defended Violent George Floyd Riots In Kenosha

Screen-Shot-2021-07-27-at-4.35.02-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2021-07-27-at-4.35.51-PM.png

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
January 6 Commission Show Trial Witnesses Repped by Russian Collusion, Ukraine Impeachment, Kavanaugh Rape Hoaxers

The attorneys representing two Capitol police officers before the House Select Committee on January 6 Tuesday expose the partisan probe as nothing more than a Democrat show trial to impeach Republican voters after twice failing to impeach former President Donald Trump.

[clip]

In 2018, Laufman represented the “beach friend” of then-Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh’s accuser of sexual misconduct Christine Blasey-Ford. Three years after coming forward with graphic claims, Ford still has never proven the two had ever even met, let alone offer a corroborating witness.

Laufman served as legal counsel for Monica McLean, a former FBI agent and friend of Blasey Ford’s who had allegedly been coached ahead of a polygraph test which amounted to witness tampering.

The former DOJ official who used to work in the national security division also worked with disgraced former corrupt FBI agent Peter Strzok on both the investigation into Hillary Clinton’s emails and the deep state investigation into the 2016 Trump campaign based on the debunked Steele Dossier.

Zaid represented the alleged whistleblower named by RealClearInvestigations in 2019 as Eric Ciaramella in Trump’s first impeachment. A search through the anti-Trump whistleblower’s attorney exposed a clear agenda preceding the Democrats’ first effort to achieve the top policy item of their Trump-era platform: the ousting of the Democratically-elected president either through means of impeachment, a deep-state coup, or “#rebellion.”

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Ghost Of AOC Testifies Before January 6 Committee

• Haha
Reactions: BOP

Hijinx

No surprises in the show trial so far.
Kinzinger has stolen a lot of Liz Chaney's press with his fake crying, but Liz will be crying before it's over.
They picked their select witness's and so far they are doing what was planned.

Meanwhile people who merely trespassed are still in DC jail.