The Disappearance of Madeleine McCann

Auntie Biache'

I binged on this documentary this weekend. When this happened, I "kinda" followed it, but like many people, I lost interest. I figured, after a year, she probably wasn't alive. After watching this, I think she's still alive. I also can't believe the crap that the McCanns have gone through. What a nightmare. I just couldn't stop watching it. 8 Episodes.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Okay, so:

Parents go out to dinner in a foreign country, leaving their three very young children alone in the hotel room.
Somehow a stranger knows this, breaks in and steals the one little girl, leaving the twin 2 year olds.

Are you kidding me?

Who goes out to dinner and leaves three toddlers alone in a strange place? That alone tells me the parents are involved.

Auntie Biache'

Okay, so:

Parents go out to dinner in a foreign country, leaving their three very young children alone in the hotel room.
Somehow a stranger knows this, breaks in and steals the one little girl, leaving the twin 2 year olds.

Are you kidding me?

Who goes out to dinner and leaves three toddlers alone in a strange place? That alone tells me the parents are involved.

I remember thinking that, too. Watch the show. It's mesmerizing. I think she's alive, and I think she's living somewhere in Australia, with a mommy who couldn't have her own children. There is no way that these parents would continue to bring attention to themselves if they were guilty.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
There is no way that these parents would continue to bring attention to themselves if they were guilty.

Sure they would - hide in plain sight.

If it were me, I'd check into their finances and see if maybe they weren't in some trouble. Sold the kid to finance their swag.

luvmygdaughters

I dont know if I could watch it. So sad for that poor little girl. But, I kind of agree with Vrai, what parent, in their right mind, would leave 3 young children in a hotel room...IN A FOREIGN COUNTRY NO LESS????????? It just doesn't make sense to me. Most hotels and resorts offer childcare services, not that that would be much better, but at least you know who was watching them and access to management if something, God forbid, went wrong.

I dont know if I could watch it. So sad for that poor little girl. But, I kind of agree with Vrai, what parent, in their right mind, would leave 3 young children in a hotel room...IN A FOREIGN COUNTRY NO LESS????????? It just doesn't make sense to me. Most hotels and resorts offer childcare services, not that that would be much better, but at least you know who was watching them and access to management if something, God forbid, went wrong.
I'm not justifying their choices, but according to documented resort records, a group of them did this every night... the parents considered themselves to be with a reasonably safe distance of their resort room (160 ft away) and checked on them more than once. And apparently not just them but others in the group they were vacationing with left the kids sleeping each night while they had their dinner... I do 100% believe that little girl was targeted and thereby abducted for nefarious reasons.

"The resort's staff had left a note in a message book at the swimming-pool reception area, asking that the same table, which overlooked the apartments, be block-booked for 20:30 for the McCanns and friends every evening for the last four evenings of the holiday. The message said the group's children were asleep in the apartments. Madeleine's mother believes the abductor may have seen the note." (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disappearance_of_Madeleine_McCann)

Auntie Biache'

They should have never left their children alone and unsupervised. That doesn't mean they had anything to do with her abduction. Watch the show. It tells quite a story.

SamSpade

I dont know if I could watch it. So sad for that poor little girl. But, I kind of agree with Vrai, what parent, in their right mind, would leave 3 young children in a hotel room...IN A FOREIGN COUNTRY NO LESS?????????

Back in the '80's, a family I knew lived in Mexico City and hired a maid for their household - and while the mom's back was turned, the maid was on the way out the door with their little blond blue-eyed toddler! She said the maid must have moved fast, because it was less than a minute.

It happens. I'm still terrified to leave my youngest out of my sight.

PJay

Thank you for posting, I hadn't heard this latest news. If you learn more, please post it.

Hoping they are wrong that that precious little girl was ever in that monster's grip.

mitzi

I remember when this happened. It doesn't seem like it's been 13 years. I've seen stories over the years but not this latest news.