The Dispatch Of Soleimani And The Escalation Of The War

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The Times began its story with, “Mr. Trump’s decision to kill General Soleimani was one that Presidents George W. Bush and Barack Obama had rejected, fearing it would lead to war.” The Times makes the fundamental mistake: Nothing the United States does will “lead to war.” The war is already 40 years old — we just haven’t been fighting it much.

Iran declared real and operational war on the United States (and Israel) at the onset of the Islamic Republic in 1979. From the U.S. embassy takeover in 1979 to the Beirut Marine Barracks bombing in 1983 to the attacks against American troops in Iraq to the bomb plots against the Saudi ambassador in Washington and the Israeli embassy in 2011 to the capture of American naval personnel in 2016 (and major violations of the Americans’ Geneva Convention rights) to the continuing Iranian harassment of U.S. shipping in the Persian Gulf and Bab-el-Mandeb Straits, Iran has killed Americans and threatened to kill more.

Soleimani was head of the Iranian militias that killed 608 American soldiers in Iraq and maimed thousands of others through the use of IEDs. He armed, trained, and commanded the Iraqi Kataib militia Hezbollah that was responsible for the killing of an American contractor in Iraq and the injuring of several American soldiers — and for attacking the U.S. embassy in Baghdad, which directly precipitated the current situation.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/bryen-the-dispatch-of-soleimani-and-the-escalation-of-the-war

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
CDRSalamander for the win:

FULLBORE FRIDAY

Somewhere there was a 19-yr old mechanic that made sure it was up and ready for flight.

Somewhere there was a 20-yr old ordnanceman that made sure the weapons were loaded and ready.

Somewhere there was a 30-yr old pilot and 40-yr old copilot who were on their game.

Somewhere there was a large group of intelligence professionals who kept an unblinking eye on their target, giving decision makers real-time, actionable details.

Somewhere there was an entire ecosystem of communications, IT, and satellite professionals that maintained a lashed up of legacy and cutting edge technology enabling world-wide, real time observation of the target over an extended period.

Somewhere there were senior uniformed and civilian advisers providing the Principal the pros and cons of action.

Somewhere there was a Principal who gave the order.

After thousands of deaths and untold tens of thousands wounded … one of the most blood soaked enemies of our nation was eliminated.

Fullbore to everyone.

--- End of line (MCP)

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Meanwhile..at the Baghdad airport:

Omar: Hey, I found something buried over here, can one of you guys give me a hand?

Mohammad: Sorry, all I have over here is a foot.

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
Maybe we started something.

Fingers crossed?

As an aside, the Iranian "student" who was denied entry to the US and immediately deported (to France) causing the Left to lose its collective mind the other day was fingered to be a member of the Basij (discussed in the linked article).

--- End of line (MCP)

BOP

Maybe we started something.

I love a happy ending, but I have a feeling the revolution is just beginning in Iran.

BOP

Fingers crossed?

As an aside, the Iranian "student" who was denied entry to the US and immediately deported (to France) causing the Left to lose its collective mind the other day was fingered to be a member of the Basij (discussed in the linked article).

--- End of line (MCP)
I missed that one. Got a link? Gods only know I relish stories where the left loses its sh*t, only to find out they were wrong. You know, kind of like transparentlystupidous does every day here.

Hijinx

Iran has put up with this Ayatolla Assahola for a long time.
It's about time they got rid of that crazed cleric of a crazed theology and climbed their way back to the 21st century.