The dolts in Hollywood are talking about a remake of Princess Bride

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
And they wonder why everyone hates them.

Princess Bride is one of those perfect classic movies that stand the test of time. You can watch it today and be just as entertained as you were in the late 80s when it was released. Your kids and grandkids love it just as much as you do. It's quote mine and cultural uniter.

A remake? Inconceivable.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Yes, but it can be an all black or hispanic, or asian cast with culturally done to hip hop music.

I don't care what the movie, I don't care for remakes, just shows a lack of creativity.

Grumpy

Larry O'Connor on WMAL radio was going off about that this afternoon. Did a call-in on movies that could never be remade and as good as the original..West Side Story was one, and that is being remade now to be released in 2020..Only remake I've seen that was better than the original was the Thomas Crown Affair.

Hijinx

Not much on remakes and sequels are pretty bad too.
The worst sequel ever was the one for Gone with the wind.

Freaking horrible. They must have burned the master of that one.

GregV814

On 97.7 the woman said they are doing a remake of Hogan’s Hero’s!! And, using some of the original actors kids... that show would be 100% un-PC!!! How are they going to pull that off???

BernieP

Resident PIA
Larry O'Connor on WMAL radio was going off about that this afternoon. Did a call-in on movies that could never be remade and as good as the original..West Side Story was one, and that is being remade now to be released in 2020..Only remake I've seen that was better than the original was the Thomas Crown Affair.
LOL - Birds of a feather, I listen to Larry on the ride home - weather and atmospheric conditions allowing
I swear the damn liberals own the weather / atmospheric conditions, it's been hard to keep WMAL tuned in, either interference or completely taken over by an eastern shore station.

BernieP

Resident PIA
On 97.7 the woman said they are doing a remake of Hogan’s Hero’s!! And, using some of the original actors kids... that show would be 100% un-PC!!! How are they going to pull that off???
they only made fun of straight white (German) males. Perfectly acceptable.

Okay, Schultz was a fatty, so no fat jokes, and Klink wore glasses so no 4 eyes or blind people jokes.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I don't care what the movie, I don't care for remakes, just shows a lack of creativity.

Agree, but I must admit the remake of True Grit was on point. Much more true to the book, which was amazing. They're almost two different movies.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
About the same as re-doing Blazing Saddles.

Reactions: BOP

SamSpade

This kind of stuff amazes me. I'm having a hard time remembering any outright remake that outperformed the original - or was successful.
I keep thinking of movies I enjoyed the first time around, like Total Recall (whose sequel was ridiculous) or Robocop (which was pointless).
I'm not going to bother watching The Mummy remake, even though I enjoy most movies with Cruise in it.
Sequels are bad enough - but do these actually make money at all?

I mean - I don't intend to waste a second on this remake - but you'd think bad reviews, lousy return and poor profits would drive the point home - don't remake a good movie. (I'm ok with remaking a terrible movie, but only if they actually come up with a good one).

This_person

LOL - Birds of a feather, I listen to Larry on the ride home - weather and atmospheric conditions allowing
I swear the damn liberals own the weather / atmospheric conditions, it's been hard to keep WMAL tuned in, either interference or completely taken over by an eastern shore station.
WMAL.com on Bluetooth.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Found thisntrea while looking for something else. Not sure how I missed it.

I think I am one of the few people who never saw the movie for a super long time, and when I did and was told I would just love it - I didn't see what the hoopla was. I must be flawed or unromantical or something. :lol:

GregV814

wait, they cant do a remake of West Side Story.

1) there aren't anymore PR's in Harlem
2)There shouldn't be three gay males in the Jets
3) WSS was an adaptation of Romeo and Juliette, all white people.