The End of The CMP

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Obama’s new executive order will kill the 110-year-old Civilian Marksmanship Program

The White House announced on Thursday that it intends to “ban almost all re-imports of military surplus firearms to private entities” through executive order, which would effectively shut down the 110-year-old Civilian Marksmanship Program.

In a Fact Sheet published on Whitehouse.gov today referencing the upcoming executive order the ban on importing military weapons is designed to “keep military-grade firearms off our streets.” Exceptions for import may be allowed for museums.

The CMP tightly controls the distribution of obsolete military weapons. The program was created by the U.S. Congress as part of the 1903 War Department Appropriations Act with the purpose of allowing civilians to hone their marksmanship skills, should they later be called into military service.

Participants receiving firearms through the CMP must comply with all state and federal firearm laws and undergo a background check conducted by a dealer holding a Federal Firearms License in order to receive the gun.

Additionally, they must also be a member of a CMP affiliated shooting club, making participating in the program more difficult than anyone trying to purchase a firearm through usual retail channels.

Read more: Obama

Vince

They will do it a little at a time, bit by bit until there are no guns or rights left. This is the liberal way.

black dog

Free America
This information is from CMP's forums on there website, Orteses the man that runs CMP, Says this will not effect them.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
This will not effect CMP at all. CMP is not a importer, It receives everything from the US Army.

since when is the US Army reimporting M1 Garands and Carbines .....

The rifles that the Executive Order would affect are typically from U.S. allies and are pre-Vietnam era. Without the importation of these rifles, the CMP is likely to become defunct and thus destroying a 110 year tradition of saving military arms and their civilian ownership.

black dog

Free America
Here it is short and sweet... These Garands and carbines are all part of the Armys lend lease program and the leases are coming to a end. Hence they are trying to give them back to the Army. The Army has always transported the weapons back to the USA. ( they are the importer ) And they would dole them out as needed. The CMP used to be called DCM, ( The Department of Civilian Marksmanship Program of the US Army. It was under control of the US Army. Bill Clinton changed that when he privatized it. All new rules when it became a private company. Under the DCM you could only purchase one of each weapon in your lifetime. Now under CMP you may purchase as many as you wish in you lifetime. ( I think there is a limit 10 -12 rifles a year. But I am not sure about that.

RPMDAD

And i guess our trusty dusty king has decided Garands and carbines are used every day in drive bys, and robberies. God help us all from these idiots in charge. JMHO

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Here it is short and sweet... These Garands and carbines are all part of the Armys lend lease program and the leases are coming to a end. Hence they are trying to give them back to the Army. The Army has always transported the weapons back to the USA. ( they are the importer ) And they would dole them out as needed. The CMP used to be called DCM, ( The Department of Civilian Marksmanship Program of the US Army. It was under control of the US Army. Bill Clinton changed that when he privatized it. All new rules when it became a private company. Under the DCM you could only purchase one of each weapon in your lifetime. Now under CMP you may purchase as many as you wish in you lifetime. ( I think there is a limit 10 -12 rifles a year. But I am not sure about that.

DCM Development of Citizen Marksmanship..

?