The extra change you had

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
excellent idea

If you had to write a check to the government every payday instead of having taxes automatically deducted a lot more people would be aware of just how much money the government extorts from us

b23hqb

PREMO Member
At least the restaurant is up front about the charge. Any business owner will include those extra costs in the price of their product, anyway, so I don't see any big deal here.

Sweet 16

^^8^^
At least the restaurant is up front about the charge. Any business owner will include those extra costs in the price of their product, anyway, so I don't see any big deal here.

Because when prices go up, people stop buying or in this case, going out to eat, or they tip less, whereby your qualified, capable servers go away. Restaurants have taken a huge hit for the last 8 years due to the down economy because when people are forced to tighten their belts, luxuries like dining out, movies, and other entertainment are the first things to go. And fewer consumer dollars being pumped into one sector of the economy drags the entire economy down with it.

Did the taxes they've already stolen from us not already pay for this debacle?

bilbur

Because when prices go up, people stop buying or in this case, going out to eat, or they tip less, whereby your qualified, capable servers go away. Restaurants have taken a huge hit for the last 8 years due to the down economy because when people are forced to tighten their belts, luxuries like dining out, movies, and other entertainment are the first things to go. And fewer consumer dollars being pumped into one sector of the economy drags the entire economy down with it.

Did the taxes they've already stolen from us not already pay for this debacle?

This is something the restaurant decided to do this is not a tax. The owner, due to the rise in healthcare costs, is out of pocket more money so he is passing the cost on to his customers. I don't blame him and it is going to be even worse if they raise the minimum wage. If that happens it is probably the best thing that could happen to me because I refuse to pay $15 for a Burger King burger so I might loose some weight. :killingme

b23hqb

PREMO Member
This is something the restaurant decided to do this is not a tax. The owner, due to the rise in healthcare costs, is out of pocket more money so he is passing the cost on to his customers. I don't blame him and it is going to be even worse if they raise the minimum wage. If that happens it is probably the best thing that could happen to me because I refuse to pay $15 for a Burger King burger so I might loose some weight. :killingme

Right. Raise the minimum wage, every time costs of the product increase.

Any business owner pass on their costs in the product they sell. That's business. The owner is not going to cut his/her income to pay for someone else's cost.

That's the way private business has always operated, and always will.

Increased costs to do business = costs passed on to customers.

nutz

Actually, they are not out any money. They are adding a charge to help cover expected expenses. So, why not add an environmental fee for waste disposal? Anticipated utility increase fee? My spouse needs a better __________ FEE? etc, etc........