The Fake Vaxx Card Next to You

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
As vaccine mandates proliferate, the black market for counterfeit cards has boomed. In the city, both the unvaccinated and vaccinated under-21 variety have been procuring cards ahead of the city’s deadline to begin enforcing its mandate for patrons and employees on Monday. Supplying them is a word-of-mouth network made up of friends, co-workers, drug dealers, and unscrupulous doctors. And, at least among Gen-Z, there isn’t much by way of judgment. When I reached out to several people in my inner and outer circle, most of whom are vaccinated, to ask if they could assist me in acquiring a counterfeit card, I received little to no follow-up questions or outrage. The response was largely understanding, supportive, even sympathetic. “I know a guy,” one friend joked before clarifying, “No, but actually, I really do.”

Bars and restaurants are a prime target of the vaccine mandates, but, in spite of or because of that, it appears workers are only becoming savvier at evading them. A 21-year-old East Village bartender called Dana said she isn’t vaccinated and neither are many people working in her industry. “Every single time I go to a bar,” she said, “there is someone that I know or can sense is not vaccinated.” What’s more, employers haven’t given her or her co-workers any specifics to look for on patrons’ vaccination cards, merely asking that Dana and her co-workers use their discretion.

“I’ve never had a shot in my life,” Dana said proudly, telling me both her parents are doctors from outside the U.S., and she grew up all over the world, in “places where vaccinations are less of a thing.” Her circle is left-leaning, not at all the types to deny science, but they are wary of how quickly the vaccine’s been administered to the public. “It’s just very confusing as a young person,” she sighed, “with so many people telling you what you should and shouldn’t do with your body.”

What’s evidently not confusing is where and how to acquire a faux card. Dana said that she was recently out with a friend who, upon learning she wasn’t vaccinated, asked for her birthday, texted his friend, and “within a minute” supplied her with a Photoshopped QR code to mimic the state’s Excelsior Pass. Except there was no need: Dana already secured a fake card from her co-worker, who sold it to her after he supposedly swiped a stack of cards while getting his shot, when the administrator’s back was turned. “It’s kind of like buying weed before it was legal,” she laughed. “Everyone knows someone that has weed.”

Reactions: BOP

herb749

Is the govt able to look into people's personal medical history to see if they received a shot .?

Can an employer do the same.

DaSDGuy

Is the govt able to look into people's personal medical history to see if they received a shot .?

Can an employer do the same.
If you received a shot from a government run vaccination location like Hollywood Fire House or St. Mary's Health Department then yes, they know if you received a shot.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Depends on the location ... and which bit of the Gov. and where you got the JAB ... I'm sure everyone is in some CDC db somewhere

this is why Authoritarians are pushing for digital vaccine passports from businesses ... to force you to upload your medical statist to 3rd parties

Gov does not have the Authority to