The fine folks in Saint Mary's County

SailorGirl

Yesterday, @Bobwhite made some remarks about how kind the people were in this county, while volunteering to "man" a Salvation Army kettle in front of Hobby Lobby for five hours. She probably didn't realize it at the time, but she's obviously one of those kind people she spoke of, as is @my-thyme volunteering for a blood lab. The remarks were made in the middle of a political thread and I didn't want mine to be stuck there.

So today, while I was running around like an insane person doing Thanksgiving nonsense, I happened to see an email or ten that a person was detected at my parents house. I was expecting that as Prchjrkr said he'd be by to look at my parents gutters after my post on their basement leak. We had a little back and forth about that - not an argument by any means - seemed like a pretty big job that my brothers should either be doing or paying someone to do in my opinion.

Near as I can tell Prch and Prch Jr cleaned them out - camera didn't record everything but they at least took a look - a long look because they were there several hours. All because I told them to go ahead and take a canoe badly in need of cleaning and some farm tools in dire need of repair. Things I would have paid someone to trash for me. It doesn't really seem like a fair trade, but that's Saint Mary's County Maryland for you and the generosity of those that live here.

Last edited:

Bobwhite

Yesterday, @Bobwhite made some remarks about how kind the people were in this county, while volunteering to "man" a Salvation Army kettle in front of Hobby Lobby for five hours. She probably didn't realize it at the time, but she's obviously one of those kind people she spoke of, as is @my-thyme volunteering for a blood lab. The remarks were made in the middle of a political thread and I didn't want mine to be stuck there.

So today, while I was running around like an insane person doing Thanksgiving nonsense, I happened to see an email or ten that a person was detected at my parents house. I was expecting that as Prchjrkr said he'd be by to look at my parents gutters after my post on their basement leak. We had a little back and forth about that - not an argument by any means - seemed like a pretty big job that my brothers should either be doing or paying someone to do in my opinion.

Near as I can tell Prch and Prch Jr cleaned them out - camera didn't record everything but they at least took a look - a long look because they were there several hours. All because I told them to go ahead and take a canoe badly in need of cleaning and some farm tools in dire need of repair. Things I would have paid someone to trash for me. It doesn't really seem like a fair trade, but that's Saint Mary's County Maryland for you and the generosity of those that live here.
Thank you SailorGirl for the kind remark. I look forward to meeting you in the future when we have more to chat.

Grumpy

All because I told them to go ahead and take a canoe badly in need of cleaning and some farm tools in dire need of repair. Things I would have paid someone to trash for me. It doesn't really seem like a fair trade
Just saw that canoe listed on E-Bay, it's a Running Bear Ultra and the bidding is up to 5 figures already. The antique tools, not so much, only in the 4 figure range. You're right, it wasn't a fair trade.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
PREMO Member
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Just saw that canoe listed on E-Bay, it's a Running Bear Ultra and the bidding is up to 5 figures already. The antique tools, not so much, only in the 4 figure range. You're right, it wasn't a fair trade.
Way to rat me out, big guy!

:blushing:

He cleaned the gutters whilst I steadied the ladder, but I'm afraid he wasn't too particular about where the leaves and muck were dropped. I attempted to rake them off the front porch and out of the flower beds, but I wasn't very thorough. He's a good kid. I wasn't going to be critical of his technique. He says there is still a little muck left, but it should wash out during our next monsoon. There was a small ecosystem growing up there.

SailorGirl

Way to rat me out, big guy!

:blushing:

He cleaned the gutters whilst I steadied the ladder, but I'm afraid he wasn't too particular about where the leaves and muck were dropped. I attempted to rake them off the front porch and out of the flower beds, but I wasn't very thorough. He's a good kid. I wasn't going to be critical of his technique. He says there is still a little muck left, but it should wash out during our next monsoon. There was a small ecosystem growing up there.
I was hoping he may have done that if he cleaned the gutters. You may or may not have read about my love affair with the leaf blower - any excuse to use that is a good excuse. I'm so grateful to the both of you really - my family has blown that off so many times - I even tried once or twice but I'm really fearful on that ladder - some sort of vertigo/dizziness thing going on when I'm at the top of it. At any rate - that was an amazing thing you did yesterday and I can't thank you enough. If you ever find yourself in need of assistance - I'm your girl - count on it okay? ❤

Last edited:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Not sure if this helps, but we had Bob Green siding put new gutter on our house, and the barn, he put gutter guards on and he was CHEAP! About 1/4th the price of Thompson Creek.

SailorGirl

That's why I'll never go to a M&G. You'd change your mind!

--- End of line (MCP)
Doubt that I've liked everyone I've met so far. There are a handful I have no desire to meet (and I'm sure the feelings mutual), but you're definately not one of them. In fact, from what I've read, there's a good handful of people on the forum that would really like to meet you.

UglyBear

Doubt that I've liked everyone I've met so far. There are a handful I have no desire to meet (and I'm sure the feelings mutual), but you're definately not one of them. In fact, from what I've read, there's a good handful of people on the forum that would really like to meet you.
Oh yeah, I’m in the @Yooper fun club!!! Colonel, your drinks are on me at the next M&G!