The "Fine People" Hoax Funnel

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Of Course NO Business Wants Their Advert Appearing on Nazi Apologists Videos ....

The meme is Trump apologized for Nazi's ...

Just ask Midnight Spanker .... he went on and on and on and on
Or Transporter or Sapidus or Salmon / Blue Cubed / Salvador

How many pages did this go on

Post after post after post ......

Last edited:

officeguy

That is a really neat piece of revisionist history.

Maybe you folks should go back and look at the title of the "rally", what groups had the permit (hint: it wasn't peaceful protesters out to save the statue of Robert E. Lee.)

Maybe you should also look at the entirety of Trump's statements on the incident? It took him days to come out and read a prepared statement (in his usual monotone uninterested tone) in which he ad libbed that "both sides" were to blame.

Maybe you should also go find the pictures of the private, peaceful alt-right protesters that Trump claims were the ones with the permits and the ones who actually attended the rally?

Funny. You show the funnel at work, right here, right in front of our eyes.

Midnightrider

Of Course NO Business Wants Their Advert Appearing on Nazi Apologists Videos ....

Just ask Midnight Spanker .... he went on and on and on and on
Or Transporter or Sapidus or Salmon / Blue Cubed / Salvador

How many pages did this go on

Post after post after post ......
ok tardio, show where I said trump apologized for Nazis.

you really should stop pretending to ignore me if you are going to talk trash about me. I live in your head while you live in your mommy's basement. I guess I should be paying her rent :yay:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I don't really understand why social media platforms would want to censor benign posts, such as debunking these crazy hoaxes. What's in it for them? It can't be simply ideology because business people only take that so far and then they remember that they're trying to make a living. Intellectually they know that taking political sides is a loser - they pay marketing people good money to tell them that.

So something else has to be in play, but that suggests a conspiracy far larger than I want to think about right now. What we do know is that most of our behemoth pervasive institutions in this country are Leftist cheerleaders: academia, the entertainment industry, the news industry, and social media platforms to name a few obvious ones.

It makes you wonder why. What's in it for them?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Right, but large corporations don't run their business based on memes, and the CEOs are not stupid rabble begging to be roused. They are bottom-line oriented, not emotion-based ideologues. I'm sure they fear the social media mob, but they are certainly aware that that's only a small percentage of their customer base, and that there are way more people who think that crap's crazy.

Gillette, for example. Why would they pander to such a small percentage of their market, and risk offending the majority of their customers? If you're going to have a group boycott your product, wouldn't you want it to be the smaller faction and not 80% of your customer base?

Camping World is another one. Why would that durhard go out of his way to offend almost every single customer they have, and pander to those who are only vaguely aware Camping World exists?

It makes no sense.

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
I don't really understand why social media platforms would want to censor benign posts, such as debunking these crazy hoaxes.
Right, but large corporations don't run their business based on memes, and the CEOs are not stupid rabble begging to be roused.
Appreciate both of these posts. Thank you for writing them up.

Your thoughts are where I was going when I posted the Scott Adams tweet this morning. Clearly, multiple dynamics in play. Perhaps power, perhaps reading the demographic tea leaves (recently read that over half of today's youngsters will only buy from a company that aligns with their politics, etc.), perhaps utopianism, perhaps all of the above or none of the above.

What we do know is that there is most definitely a move toward "personal comfort" (in every application and sense) at the expense of "personal liberty." "Freedom from want or care or hard truth or thinking" is aggressively being pushed as far more preferable than actual freedom. It's frightening that so many seem to be buying into it (if the Dem presidential candidates are any indication of the pulse of a large portion of our electorate).

--- End of line (MCP)

officeguy

Gillette, for example. Why would they pander to such a small percentage of their market, and risk offending the majority of their customers? If you're going to have a group boycott your product, wouldn't you want it to be the smaller faction and not 80% of your customer base?

There was a time when companies tried to stay out of the politics of the day and concentrated on returning value for their stockholders. Lately, CEOs are obsessed with the need to appear 'woke' even if it harms the company the board appointed them to run.

officeguy

they are cowed by the twitter outrage mobs

But that's the idiocy of all this. Had Gilette stuck to selling their overpriced blades to anyone who wants to buy them regardless of their political bend or mental disorder, they would not have been targeted by anyone. Its only because they chose to be idiots and try to pander to the small percentage of the population that thinks that transgenderism is one of the problems that requires corporate attention that they created a stir.

Sapidus

Here's an almost 7 minute Persicope by Scott Adams on what he thinks is the reason for some of his YouTube videos being demonitized.

Worth the (time to) listen; brings together a number of the issues we face today. If what Adams is saying is true, well..., just have a listen. It's an interesting A-B test.

--- End of line (MCP)

Why do you continue to put the opinion of a cartoonist over the opinion of actual experts, former presidents, former DOJ lawyers, Former heads of state and former prosecutors?

It's almost like you dont care about the truth and have simply found yet another acolyte to follow.

Why don't you form your own opinions and stop parroting the words and behavior of rich celebrities be they cartoonists or reality television show con men.

There was no reason to defend the behavior of nazis by saying they counted as "very fine people" people who hate others based on their skin color are no longer very fine people.

Just as Trump refuses to apologize for his treatment of the Central park 5 he is wrong in this case too.

But feel free to keep finding random idiots with no expertise on politics , race relations or governing to follow blindly

Smokey1

There was no reason to defend the behavior of nazis by saying they counted as "very fine people" people who hate others based on their skin color are no longer very fine people

Still parroting that lie. He was referring to people on both sides of the statue issue and specifically condemned the nazis and white supremacists. Or do you believe all people who support leaving the statues alone are nazis and white supremacists?

Sapidus

Still parroting that lie. He was referring to people on both sides of the statue issue and specifically condemned the nazis and white supremacists. Or do you believe all people who support leaving the statues alone are nazis and white supremacists?

Where did he condemn the NAzi's and white supremacists. Where did he say that people on both sides of the statue issue are very fine people?

Stop lying or hearing what you want to hear and start reading and hearing the truth

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
Why do you continue to put the opinion of a cartoonist over the opinion of actual experts, former presidents, former DOJ lawyers, Former heads of state and former prosecutors?

It's almost like you dont care about the truth and have simply found yet another acolyte to follow.

Why don't you form your own opinions and stop parroting the words and behavior of rich celebrities be they cartoonists or reality television show con men.

There was no reason to defend the behavior of nazis by saying they counted as "very fine people" people who hate others based on their skin color are no longer very fine people.

Just as Trump refuses to apologize for his treatment of the Central park 5 he is wrong in this case too.

But feel free to keep finding random idiots with no expertise on politics , race relations or governing to follow blindly
Another example here on the forum of the "Fine People Hoax" funnel.

Thank you.

--- End of line (MCP)

Smokey1

Where did he condemn the NAzi's and white supremacists. Where did he say that people on both sides of the statue issue are very fine people?

Stop lying or hearing what you want to hear and start reading and hearing the truth

sharply condemned racist, white supremacist, and neo-Nazi sympathizers on Monday afternoon, after nearly 48 hours of bipartisan criticism over his response to the weekend’s violent clashes in Charlottesville, Va.

“Racism is evil and those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups,” Trump said.

https://time.com/4899810/donald-trump-charlottesville/

On Aug. 15, 2017, President Donald Trump held a press conference to discuss an executive order he had signed on infrastructure permitting. Reporters shortly began asking questions about Trump’s initial response to violent protests in Charlottesville, Va. It was at this press conference that Trump said that "you also had people that were very fine people, on both sides." The next day, Trump responded, saying "If you look at what I said, you will see that that question was answered perfectly. And I was talking about people that went because they felt very strongly about the monument to Robert E. Lee, a great general. Whether you like it or not, he was one of the great generals.

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-...t-trumps-very-fine-people-both-sides-remarks/

There you go. Now who is lying?

Sapidus

Using your own article this clearly implies he was talking about the Neo Nazis

Trump: Yes, I think there’s blame on both sides. If you look at both sides -- I think there’s blame on both sides. And I have no doubt about it, and you don’t have any doubt about it either. And if you reported it accurately, you would say."

Reporter: "The neo-Nazis started this. They showed up in Charlottesville to protest --"

Trump: "Excuse me, excuse me. They didn’t put themselves -- and you had some very bad people in that group, but you also had people that were very fine people, on both sides.

He is directly responding about the Neo Nazis

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Why do you continually offer YOUR Opinion as fact .... there was NO Obstruction