The Ford BS is getting deeper.

Hijinx

As I said before. They should subpoenae her and send the U.S. Marshalls over to bring her to the hearing---------------in handcuffs if necessary.
Stop playing this silly game with this pussy hat wearing liar who made all of this BS up out of whole cloth.

PsyOps

Pixelated
It’s pretty late to put The genie back in the bottle

It should not have been hard at all for the judiciary committee to say "we hear your complaint, but this is a matter for your local law enforcement to handle. Please take it up with them".

Then vote.

Last edited:

PsyOps

Pixelated
No, I mean what are the Dems supposed to do if trump fires Sessions?

Why are they supposed to do anything? It's within Trump's authority to fire anyone he appoints. Why is that some constitutional crisis, especially if Sessions isn't even doing his job?

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
Here's the case in a nutshell....
1982 - Something may or may not have happened with another 2 (or 4) teenagers at a party, she cannot remember who threw the party, where the party was held, who she was with or how she got home. She was drinking and said nothing to anyone.
2002... She said nothing.
July 25, 2003: President George W. Bush nominated Kavanaugh to the United States Court of Appeals for the D.C Circuit... She said nothing.
2005... She said nothing.
May 11, 2006: The United States Senate Committee on the Judiciary recommended confirmation. Kavanaugh subsequently confirmed by the United States Senate... She said nothing.
June 1, 2006: Kavanaugh sworn in by Justice Anthony Kennedy... She said nothing.
2011... She said nothing.
2012... She remembered 'something' happened in 1982, yet doesn't name Kavanaugh, still said nothing to authorities.
2017 - becomes an anti-trump activist.
2018 - now 36 years later, with Kavanaugh's SCOTUS confirmation looming, she pens an anonymous letter with grave accusations against Kavanaugh regarding foggy circumstance that occurred while they were both minors, then reveals herself and DEMANDS an FBI investigation before testifying to her incredible allegations?
Who does she think she is?

PsyOps

Pixelated
Here's the case in a nutshell....
1982 - Something may or may not have happened with another 2 (or 4) teenagers at a party, she cannot remember who threw the party, where the party was held, who she was with or how she got home. She was drinking and said nothing to anyone.
2002... She said nothing.
July 25, 2003: President George W. Bush nominated Kavanaugh to the United States Court of Appeals for the D.C Circuit... She said nothing.
2005... She said nothing.
May 11, 2006: The United States Senate Committee on the Judiciary recommended confirmation. Kavanaugh subsequently confirmed by the United States Senate... She said nothing.
June 1, 2006: Kavanaugh sworn in by Justice Anthony Kennedy... She said nothing.
2011... She said nothing.
2012... She remembered 'something' happened in 1982, yet doesn't name Kavanaugh, still said nothing to authorities.
2017 - becomes an anti-trump activist.
2018 - now 36 years later, with Kavanaugh's SCOTUS confirmation looming, she pens an anonymous letter with grave accusations against Kavanaugh regarding foggy circumstance that occurred while they were both minors, then reveals herself and DEMANDS an FBI investigation before testifying to her incredible allegations?
Who does she think she is?

And the GOP is rushing the process. And she demands to be taken seriously. And they are bullying her.

Midnightrider

Well, they're saying that they'd drum up an impeachment hearing for abuse of power, a la Watergate.

Walk me through how that’s supoosed to work. First the house would have to vote on it. That ain’t happening. Then the senate would have to hold hearings. How are the Dems going to pull that off?

Why are they supposed to do anything? It's within Trump's authority to fire anyone he appoints. Why is that some constitutional crisis, especially if Sessions isn't even doing his job?

That’s my point. Even if they wanted to they couldn’t. So what is trump waiting for? He could fire Sessions and appoint a SC to look into Feinstein and there is nothing the democrats can do about it.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Walk me through how that’s supoosed to work. First the house would have to vote on it. That ain’t happening. Then the senate would have to hold hearings. How are the Dems going to pull that off?

You'd have to ask them. I'm only repeating what they themselves have said on the news shows.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Here is The Atlantic's take:

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/04/why-trump-hasnt-fired-sessions/557972/
Legal experts and political strategists who have either worked directly with the president or observed his behavior from afar attribute Trump’s reluctance to fire Sessions to two major considerations: Fears in the White House that the move would cost the president support among GOP voters and members of Congress, who generally like and support Sessions, and the risk of provoking further allegations of obstruction of justice—both of which could deepen the challenges already facing the administration.

Here's Vox:

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-poli...trump-impeachment-sessions-kavanaugh-woodward
Donald Trump makes the case for his own impeachment

National Interest:

https://nationalinterest.org/feature/it-wont-be-easy-trump-fire-sessions-30212
“Though they once cautioned him that dismissing Sessions would feed special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation of Trump’s potential obstruction of justice, these people say, Trump’s legal team has become increasingly convinced Mueller will make that case regardless of whether the president fires Sessions or leaves him in place,” Politico reported.

Midnightrider

You'd have to ask them. I'm only repeating what they themselves have said on the news shows.

People can say whatever they want, but they can’t do it. That’s the point. The left couldn’t impeach trump if they did have just cause. So they sure as #### can’t imoeach him if he fires his AG or directs his DOJ to investigate a crime.

So we are right back to ‘why doesn’t trump fire Sessions?’ What is keeping trump from investigating a conspiracy to derail his scotus nomination?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
People can say whatever they want, but they can’t do it. That’s the point. The left couldn’t impeach trump if they did have just cause. So they sure as #### can’t imoeach him if he fires his AG or directs his DOJ to investigate a crime.

So we are right back to ‘why doesn’t trump fire Sessions?’ What is keeping trump from investigating a conspiracy to derail his scotus nomination?

I'm guessing after the midterms Sessions will be given his walking papers.

There's a part of me that wishes the Congresstards *would* start impeachment proceedings against Trump and get it over with. It will make them look incredibly foolish while trying to make their case; it's unlikely there would be a vote for impeachment; and even if there was, the Senate isn't going to find him guilty and remove him from office anyway. We've already seen a presidential impeachment in our lifetime, remember? You'd think more people would be familiar with the process, especially the progs since it was their rock star's husband who was actually impeached.

The ignorance is maddening.

Midnightrider

There's a part of me that wishes the Congresstards *would* start impeachment proceedings against Trump and get it over with. It will make them look incredibly foolish while trying to make their case; it's unlikely there would be a vote for impeachment; and even if there was, the Senate isn't going to find him guilty and remove him from office anyway. We've already seen a presidential impeachment in our lifetime, remember? You'd think more people would be familiar with the process, especially the progs since it was their rock star's husband who was actually impeached.

The ignorance is maddening.

I really don’t see how waiting until after the midterms is preferable. There is the strong chance that the right loses seats in the house and a minimal chance they lose the majority. Same with the senate. The time to can session was a year ago.

Hijinx

I really don’t see how waiting until after the midterms is preferable. There is the strong chance that the right loses seats in the house and a minimal chance they lose the majority. Same with the senate. The time to can session was a year ago.

Trump knows firing Sessions now would become a trump for the Democrats to play in the election.
He can wait, Sessions isn't going anywhere. After the election Sessions gets the axe.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Trump knows firing Sessions now would become a trump for the Democrats to play in the election.
He can wait, Sessions isn't going anywhere. After the election Sessions gets the axe.

Exactly. The Democraps would use his firing for something/anything, and keep going round and round about it; even if there was nothing there. Sessions has been taxpayer paid for doing nothing, except showing up for work. Sounds familiar. At this point, what difference does it make? That sounds familiar, too.

SamSpade

There's a part of me that wishes the Congresstards *would* start impeachment proceedings against Trump and get it over with. It will make them look incredibly foolish while trying to make their case; it's unlikely there would be a vote for impeachment; and even if there was, the Senate isn't going to find him guilty and remove him from office anyway.

Heck, we have a guy in Congress who claims they can impeach without a crime.

Maybe he doesn't exactly GET what "impeach" is - clue: It's not removal from office - it's charging someone WITH A CRIME.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Maybe he doesn't exactly GET what "impeach" is

There's a lot of that going around. I'm guessing the politicians - most of whom are lawyers - do indeed know what impeachment is and the process. But they understand that their constituents are ignorant asses who don't know chit, so they blather talking points to rouse their embarrassing rabble.

And even better, these tomfools have instructed their faithful to not listen to anyone else, so there is no hope to even educate these people. Some woman on my Mom's FB the other day was INSISTING that Bill Clinton was never impeached. I posted links for her and she was like, "You can't trust the internet because of fake news."

:banghead:

These people are willful idiots with no interest in knowing what's going on.

Midnightrider

There's a lot of that going around. I'm guessing the politicians - most of whom are lawyers - do indeed know what impeachment is and the process. But they understand that their constituents are ignorant asses who don't know chit, so they blather talking points to rouse their embarrassing rabble.

And even better, these tomfools have instructed their faithful to not listen to anyone else, so there is no hope to even educate these people. Some woman on my Mom's FB the other day was INSISTING that Bill Clinton was never impeached. I posted links for her and she was like, "You can't trust the internet because of fake news."

:banghead:

These people are willful idiots with no interest in knowing what's going on.

So we agree that the left couldn’t impeach anyone even if they had reason. So what is trump afraid of?

Firing Sessions and investigating Feinstein would energize the Republican base. Not to mention it would be follow through on that drain the swamp promise.