The Games of the XXX Olympiad

DipStick

Keep Calm and Don't Care!
Very entertaining game between the US women and France women soccer teams over on NBC Sports Network.

DipStick

Tied at 2-2 at halftime, very entertaining game. Goals by Amy Wambach and Alex Morgan have gone unanswered.

DipStick

I don't think Brandy Chastain is on Hope Solo's Christmas card list this year. Hope lit her up on Twitter.

The women's soccer game today (USA vs Columbia) was fun as hell to watch though -- they were getting down and dirty.

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
Cool that you're enjoying the soccer game. That's "football" in the U.K., right? Wouldn't it be cool to have U.S./Canadian-style football become an Olympic sport?

Tomcat

Anytime
A discussion last night. Has anyone else noticed Divers, Volleyball players, Basketball players wearing patches? Not always small or where you might expect to be taped? Are they not allowed to display tattoos?

DipStick

Unbelievable. Alex Morgan scores the game winning goal with 30 seconds left! USA WINS! :patriot:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
A discussion last night. Has anyone else noticed Divers, Volleyball players, Basketball players wearing patches? Not always small or where you might expect to be taped? Are they not allowed to display tattoos?
I think some of the athletes might be wearing physio tape as a fashion statement. I think it looks pretty dumb unless you're actually using it for it's intended purpose, but whatever. :lol: A lot of the athletes have visible tattoos so I doubt they're forbidden.

I think this year my favorite events have been women's gymnastics, track and field (Oscar Pistorius!!! Not to mention the 1-2 finish by Farah and Rupp in the 10k) and synchronized diving. I have no interest in regular diving but the synchronized diving is mesmerizing. :lol:

DipStick

REDEMPTION! The United States has won the gold medal match in Women's Soccer over World Cup champions Japan, 2-1 in a nailbiter! :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::patriot: