The Gull is Gone

smilin

BOXER NATION
Heard the Naughty Gull closed, went by and sure enough,
there are nothing but sailboats parked in the parking lot.
Lot of good memories there.
:buddies:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Heard the Naughty Gull closed, went by and sure enough,
there are nothing but sailboats parked in the parking lot.
Lot of good memories there.
:buddies:

Well, I can't say I'm surprised.

It was a 50/50 shot anytime I went there, and if the first oysters I had ever eaten had been there, they would have been my last.

They were never GREAT in my book, but were good/ acceptable 1/2 the time, but loved the view, but if you didn't know it was there they were out of luck to get your business.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Rats. We like to dock at Spring Cove..now it wil be a longer walk for a beer and food.

I would bet its open again in the spring though. First time I ever went there was around '87..and I don't know how long it was around before that. How many different folks have run the place in all these years?

Merlin

Registered Smarta$$
Do you think that it might be a seasonal closing?

This from their website:

i would like to thank all my wonderful and loyal customersfor your patronage and friendship over the years but the reality of the state of the economy finally caught up to us. therefore we have closed the door for the last time. thank you pat
They will be missed!

NewsJunky

Rats. We like to dock at Spring Cove..now it wil be a longer walk for a beer and food.

I would bet its open again in the spring though. First time I ever went there was around '87..and I don't know how long it was around before that. How many different folks have run the place in all these years?

I was hanging out there back in 82-84. A guy named Cliff ran it at that time, and it was great. We used to go in there for drinks and nachos. IIRC, this Cliff then moved over to the Solomons Pier and ran it for awhile. Those were the good old days. :buddies:

RPMDAD

Mid 80's for me when i started going there, many nachos and more than a few beers there. The view was great. Hopefully it will reopen.

Dye Tied

Garden Variety Gnome
I started going there in the 80's also. I have lots of fun memories. Remember the tiny dance floor, way back when?

Dye Tied

Garden Variety Gnome
haha. yeah - I remember it. Good times.

I think the name previous was the Fore and Aft.

Free champagne brunch. I was there with a bunch of friends and we got cut off and almost tossed out. We said the word 'vagina' and the waitress thought it crude and that we were having wayyyy too much fun. I can think of much worse...Anyway the table next to us thought cutting us off was wrong so they kept giving us their champagne :lol:

bcp

In My Opinion
This from their website:

i would like to thank all my wonderful and loyal customersfor your patronage and friendship over the years but the reality of the state of the economy finally caught up to us. therefore we have closed the door for the last time. thank you pat
They will be missed!

Change you can believe in.

Fairmount

This from their website:

They will be missed!

This government killed them? Minimum wages? There goes one of those over $250,000 earners off the map. How many unemployed do to a tax burden?

sunshineblue

Naughty Gull

Can anyone tell me who I can call about a gift Certificate I got for Naughty Gull? I am mad that they would sale a gift certificate know they were going out of business. Can someone help me?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Can anyone tell me who I can call about a gift Certificate I got for Naughty Gull? I am mad that they would sale a gift certificate know they were going out of business. Can someone help me?

Perhaps the Solomons Business Association.

Beta84

They're out to get us

you're basically out of luck, but it can't hurt to try. this happens with businesses all the time and the last thing that's ever honored are outstanding gift certificates.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The Gull always annoyed me because here they have this great waterfront location - with NO outdoor seating.

WTH??

I almost never went there but am still sorry to see them go under. We've lost a lot of our local restaurants because of the crappy economy.

limblips

PREMO Member
We lost the Gull not only to crappy economy but also to an owner that was a biatch! Yelling and cursing at the help in sight and earshot of the clientele is never good for business.