The History of the Washington Redskins - DVD

BuddyLee

Football addict
Superb! Great clarity even in the early footage.

From Slingin' Sammy and George Preston Marshall to Sonny and Vince Lombardi to George Allen and his hard-nosed approach to Gibbs and his three unique quarterbacks to today's star players.

This dvd is jam-packed with 268 minutes of highlights, lowlights, numerous interviews and unknown facts.

Every Redskins fan should get one now! I'm so glad I got mine.

NFL Shop - Warner Brothers Washington Redskins History of DVD

BuddyLee

Football addict
I didn't know that George Preston Marshall drafted Ernie Davis in the first round with the first pick. Davis turned down the offer because of Marshall's past attitude with blacks. This was when Marshall went with Brian Mitchell instead.

The Redskins were the most southern team and were seen as a southern team. Therefore they had a very strong following.

The Redskins were the first team to broadcast their games on televesion...even in the south.

I didn't know Nixon was a huge Redskins fan.

Slingin' Sammy Baugh once intercepted four balls and also threw for four touchdowns in one game. That record has not been broken nor will it be.

I have to say that I lost a little respect for George Allen after watching this DVD. Sonny Jurgenson was clearly the better quarterback but was treated unfairly because Allen was defensive oriented. Sonny was actually excluded from the team photo once. He was also banished from the sideline in the 1972 Super Bowl.

Interesting stuff.

BuddyLee

Football addict
61 turnovers with a turnover ratio of 40+ in 1983! Record that has never been broken. Holy Sh*t!

T

toppick08

I didn't know that George Preston Marshall drafted Ernie Davis in the first round with the first pick. Davis turned down the offer because of Marshall's past attitude with blacks. This was when Marshall went with Brian Mitchell instead.

The Redskins were the most southern team and were seen as a southern team. Therefore they had a very strong following.

The Redskins were the first team to broadcast their games on televesion...even in the south.

I didn't know Nixon was a huge Redskins fan.

Slingin' Sammy Baugh once intercepted four balls and also threw for four touchdowns in one game. That record has not been broken nor will it be.

I have to say that I lost a little respect for George Allen after watching this DVD. Sonny Jurgenson was clearly the better quarterback but was treated unfairly because Allen was defensive oriented. Sonny was actually excluded from the team photo once. He was also banished from the sideline in the 1972 Super Bowl.

Interesting stuff.

:rolleyes:.I tried telling you that 2 months ago........:smack:

Dondi

Dondi

That wasn't even his best day, touchdown-wise:

Wiki: Sammy Baugh said:
One of Baugh's more memorable single performances came on "Sammy Baugh Day" on November 23, 1947. That day, the Washington D.C. Touchdown Club honored him at Griffith Stadium and gave him a station wagon.[1] Against the Chicago Cardinals he passed for 355 yards and six touchdowns.[1][9] That season, the Redskins finished 4-8, but Baugh had career highs in completions (210), attempts (354), yards (2,938) and touchdown passes (25), leading the league in all four categories.[1]

That six touchdown feat was repeated by Mark Rypien in a game against the Atlanta Falcons in Nov. 1991. In that game, Rypien was 5 yards shy of breaking Baugh's single-game Redskin passing record of 446 yds.

The double DVD sounds interesting and I would consider buying it. However, I have a 75th Anniversary version of Redskin's history that somebody gave me last year that is pretty awesome. I'm not convinced I need this 2-DVD set.

BuddyLee

Football addict
That wasn't even his best day, touchdown-wise:

That six touchdown feat was repeated by Mark Rypien in a game against the Atlanta Falcons in Nov. 1991. In that game, Rypien was 5 yards shy of breaking Baugh's single-game Redskin passing record of 446 yds.

The double DVD sounds interesting and I would consider buying it. However, I have a 75th Anniversary version of Redskin's history that somebody gave me last year that is pretty awesome. I'm not convinced I need this 2-DVD set.
I also have the 75th Anniversary version and that pales in comparison.

BuddyLee

Football addict
We just bought this and we are watching it right before the game tomorrow. I can't wait!
Get ready for a ton of information and a plethora of highlights, which have superb clarity.

It gave me goosebumps on numerous occasions even though I wasn't even born in some instances.