The Iraqi Poll...furthermore...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
...this needs to be SHOUTED:

most living conditions are rated positively, seven in 10 Iraqis say their own lives are going well, and nearly two-thirds expect things to improve in the year ahead.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/PollVault/story?id=1389228

If you think things suck, the countrys going in the wrong direction, you don't feel safe and think we are stuck in a war we can't win...

...you might be a leftist in the US.

Ifyou think things are going well, are feeling safer and think tomorrow is going to be even better...

...you might be an Iraqi citizen.

7 out of 10 say their own lives are going well. 7 out of 10.

For all the negativity, the cries we can't win, the lies about the illegality of the war, the crocodile tears over soldiers lives, on and on and on, including what can only be described as the out right public deisire that we FAIL and that the Iraqis fail...

Hoo-ray for the Iraqi people and hoo- ray for us!

Larry Gude said:
...this needs to be SHOUTED:

http://abcnews.go.com/International/PollVault/story?id=1389228

If you think things suck, the countrys going in the wrong direction, you don't feel safe and think we are stuck in a war we can't win...

...you might be a leftist in the US.

Ifyou think things are going well, are feeling safer and think tomorrow is going to be even better...

...you might be an Iraqi citizen.

7 out of 10 say their own lives are going well. 7 out of 10.

For all the negativity, the cries we can't win, the lies about the illegality of the war, the crocodile tears over soldiers lives, on and on and on, including what can only be described as the out right public deisire that we FAIL and that the Iraqis fail...

Hoo-ray for the Iraqi people and hoo- ray for us!
Great post, Larry! :patriot:

ylexot

Super Genius
But what I thought was interesting was the contrast between the numbers you posted and this:
Other views, moreover, are more negative: Fewer than half, 46 percent, say the country is better off now than it was before the war. And half of Iraqis now say it was wrong for U.S.-led forces to invade in spring 2003, up from 39 percent in 2004.

The number of Iraqis who say things are going well in their country overall is just 44 percent, far fewer than the 71 percent who say their own lives are going well. Fifty-two percent instead say the country is doing badly.
It didn't make sense to me, but then I realized that there is a parallel here in the US...most people think that they personally are doing well economically, but they still don't believe that the economy is doing well (despite the fact that it is doing very well). I blame the media and their tendency to only report the negative.