The last chapter of 1 Chronicles

seekeroftruth

1 Chronicles 29:26 David son of Jesse was king over all Israel. 27 He ruled over Israel forty years—seven in Hebron and thirty-three in Jerusalem. 28 He died at a good old age, having enjoyed long life, wealth and honor. His son Solomon succeeded him as king.
29 As for the events of King David’s reign, from beginning to end, they are written in the records of Samuel the seer, the records of Nathan the prophet and the records of Gad the seer, 30 together with the details of his reign and power, and the circumstances that surrounded him and Israel and the kingdoms of all the other lands.
____

He started out life as a shepherd's son. From there he killed a Giant, sang to soothe the king, was anointed king by Samuel on orders from God, brought God back to the center of life in Jerusalem and put together a $4 Billion Temple erector set for God and his son, Solomon.

On the other side of the coin... yes... there's always another side.... he had an affair with Bathsheba that resulted in Bathsheba's husband, Uriah, was murdered on the battlefield. The son that resulted from the affair also died. Their son, Solomon, took the throne and the $4 Billion Temple erector set, but IMHO he also suffered because of his father's lustful acts.... Solomon had 700 wives, 300 concubines, stalked a whorehouse, and only had four children.
__

This is from the easy English site.

David had a long life, wealth and honour. Also, he had a son who ruled after him. In all David had ruled for 40 years. He ruled over Judah (southern Israel) in Hebron for 7 years. Then he ruled over all Israel in Jerusalem for 33 years.​
The chief prophets during the life of David were Samuel, Gad and Nathan. Each of these recorded what they knew of David’s life. Between them, they recorded all that he had done. We do not now have the books of Gad and Nathan. But we do have a record of David’s life in the Books of 1 Samuel, 2 Samuel and 1 Chronicles.
__

Good people make mistakes. David's life was exceptional... there is no doubt about it.... but he also made mistakes. There's also no doubt about that either.

As far as I can tell, David led a exemplary life.... with that one major exception.... Bathsheba.... His lust for Bathsheba was something almost everyone can relate too....we all have shortcomings.

I have questions about the death of the baby that resulted from the affair.... was this a cover up for an ancient abortion? Did Bathsheba eat or drink something that made the baby ill?

I'm sorry.... gossip at a wake is just mean so I'll sign off now.