The Last Thing This Country Needs - Another Schiff Investigation

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Rep. Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) is drafting legislation that would set up an independent commission that would investigate why the country was unprepared for the coronavirus pandemic.

“After Pearl Harbor and 9/11, we looked at what went wrong to learn from our mistakes,” the House Intelligence Committee chairman said in a tweet. “Once we've recovered, we need a nonpartisan commission to review our response and how we can better prepare for the next pandemic.”

Schiff did not give specifics regarding when the legislation will be dropped, but suggested it would be after Congress finishes the task at hand: mulling a series of stimulus packages aimed at alleviating the economic impact of the pandemic. Sources familiar with the legislation told NBC News the legislation is "very preliminary."

“We will need to delay the work of the commission until the crisis has abated to ensure that it does not interfere with the agencies that are leading the response,” Schiff told The Washington Post. “But that should not prevent us from beginning to identify where we got it wrong and how we can be prepared for the next pandemic.”

Schiff drafting legislation to set up 9/11-style commission to review coronavirus response

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Has Trump corrupted the coronavirus supply chain? Schiff wants to know.

In part due to President Trump’s public rage at governors who criticize him — and the starkly different treatment that states appear to have received — some state officials are “wondering whether politics is playing a role in the response,” as an exposé in The Post delicately puts it.

This whole process is absolutely screaming out for more transparency and accountability. And Democrats must utilize their institutional powers to the fullest to provide it.

In an interview with me, Rep. Adam B. Schiff (D-Calif.) suggested various lines of inquiry that a Democratic oversight effort can pursue. Schiff, the chairman of the Intelligence Committee, noted some fact-finding is already underway, though it’s been complicated by the social distancing that has closed down Congress.

“There needs to be oversight to make sure the representations we’re hearing about the availability of testing are true — or if they’re not true, then the administration needs to be held accountable,” Schiff told me.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Like 60% of people polled are happy with Trump's leadership during this time, so I really need the Dems - particularly the House - to take the jump into Impeachment II before the November elections. I need the Republicans to gain a House majority and spike the numbers in the Senate.