The law of intended consequences

transporter

In other news, for those who aren't paying attention (which as usual is most) and those who haven't been told what to think yet (which seems to be all)....

Our inept, incompetent and unfit President nominated Stephen Moore to a seat on the Federal Reserve Board. The Federal Reserve Board is arguable the most important policy making body that impacts our economy. It is not a place for lightweights. Members of the board earn nomination after a lifetime's devotion to the study and implication of monetary policy. It is a place that should be "packed" with non-partisan elites. Any normal person would want only the smartest and wisest people sitting on the Federal Reserve Board.

Stephen Moore, like most of Trumps' nominees, is a joke. He does not have PhD in econ. He has never taught econ. He has never done any actual economic research. He has not published any studies or books on actual economics. He's never submitted any work thru an academic or peer review process. He is a political hack. That is all Stephen Moore is.

Don't believe me? Then take Moore's own words. This moron went on TV after his nomination to discuss it:

I’m kind of new to this game, frankly, so I’m going to be on a steep learning curve myself about how the Fed operates, how the Federal Reserve makes its decisions,” Moore, 59, said on BTV. “It’s hard for me to say even what my role will be there, assuming I get confirmed.”

Swift Pushback on Stephen Moore, Trump's Latest Pick for the Fed

WTF!? A seat on the Federal Reserve is not a place for on the job training. Moore admits he knows nothing about the Fed or monetary policy. It is actually nice that he said that...irrelevant as anyone who actually does know anything about monetary policy knows Stephen Moore is nothing but a political hack.

Oh...additionally it was announced yesterday that China is buying 300 planes from Airbus. I guess Boeing and the workforce around Seattle can be added to the growing numbers who can thank President Trump for harming their business and job prospects with his asinine trade wars.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
You mean like making Mad Maxine Waters the chair of the House Financial Services Committee? Now there is a joke..

This_person

In other news, our President nominated Stephen Moore to a seat on the Federal Reserve Board. The Federal Reserve Board is arguable the most important policy making body that impacts our economy. It is not a place for lightweights. Members of the board earn nomination after a lifetime's devotion to the study and implication of monetary policy. It is a place that should be "packed" with non-partisan elites. Any normal person would want only the smartest and wisest people sitting on the Federal Reserve Board.

Stephen Moore does not have PhD in econ. He has never taught econ. He has never done any actual economic research. He has not published any studies or books on actual economics. He's never submitted any work thru an academic or peer review process.

Moore admits he knows [little] about [what his role would be in] the Fed or monetary policy. It is actually nice that he said that.

Do you believe your concerns will be expressed in the confirmation process? Who is the person Trump should have named? Where are the requirements you listed (teaching econ, etc.) in the position description/requirements for the position?

Do you believe it is appropriate to have the Fed exist in the first place? Do you have a better solution?

Your title says "intended consequences." What are, in your estimation, Trump's intended consequences of nominating this person?

CPUSA

STILL more winning for PRESIDENT Trump than you will ever see.
You're looking more & more inept, incompetent, and unqualified and just plain old pathetic every time you post

CPUSA

:lmao:

Stephen Moore is a punchline among actual economists. This should be fun!
And you're a punchline amongst Patriotic Americans...
Ever notice how bad your side is losing these days?
If not, you might want to wake the hell up to the reality all around you

nutz

It is a place that should be "packed" with non-partisan elites. Any normal person would want only the smartest and wisest people sitting on the Federal Reserve Board.
Oh...additionally it was announced yesterday that China is buying 300 planes from Airbus.
WTF is a non-partisan elite??
Pretty sure the decision to NOT buy Boeing isnt trade related. 737’s falling out of the sky were probably a bigger indicator. Of course if you were a real boy, you might see that.

This_person

And all the presidents that signed the bills provided by Congress.

And all the people that voted the idiots back into Congress when they passed bills supporting and increasing the debt.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

In other news, ...
The spider, that frightened Little Miss Muffett, as she was minding her own business sitting on her tuffet, whilst enjoying some curds and whey, was found and summarily dispatched by way of a WWll flamethrower belonging to a participant from a vigilantly crowd that had organized to find the fiendish arachnid. Secondary damage, aka collateral, was unintentionally inflicted upon a shoe, that an Old Lady was occupying, though thankfully, vacant at the time. The eight legged arthropod was attempting to access the shoe when the trigger was pulled on the flamethrowers pistol grip forcing a fiery stream of the napalm like substance to not only engulf the unnamed araneae, but the shoe as well. The Old Lady's shoe, was not salvageable and become a total loss. The good news is that the community came together and found a new boot for the Old Lady who was as happy as she could be getting new and larger accommodations. Miss Muffett thanked the vigilantes by sharing with everyone some curds and whey. And they all live happily ever after. Well, except any and all spiders. Including Charlotte, whom, upon the news of the charred and painful death of Wilber, her wayward second cousin twice removed, has left the town in search of a more favorable, and less hostile, area.

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
In other news, for those who aren't paying attention (which as usual is most) and those who haven't been told what to think yet (which seems to be all)....

Why would you say that? Folks here on the forum, though they disagree with you, seem quite well-informed and far more open to discussion than you are.

Our inept, incompetent and unfit President nominated Stephen Moore to a seat on the Federal Reserve Board. The Federal Reserve Board is arguable the most important policy making body that impacts our economy.

I think you meant, "arguably." An adverb is needed here.

Our inept, incompetent and unfit President nominated Stephen Moore to a seat on the Federal Reserve Board. The Federal Reserve Board is arguable the most important policy making body that impacts our economy. It is not a place for lightweights. Members of the board earn nomination after a lifetime's devotion to the study and implication of monetary policy. It is a place that should be "packed" with non-partisan elites. Any normal person would want only the smartest and wisest people sitting on the Federal Reserve Board.
This paragraph is a bit of a whopper as it assumes quite a few things that I think any reasonable person would say are things not to be assumed.

Don't believe me? Then take Moore's own words. This moron went on TV after his nomination to discuss it:
I found his candor rather refreshing. At a minimum it may allow for new perspectives, fresh discussions....

WTF!? A seat on the Federal Reserve is not a place for on the job training. Moore admits he knows nothing about the Fed or monetary policy. It is actually nice that he said that...irrelevant as anyone who actually does know anything about monetary policy knows Stephen Moore is nothing but a political hack.
This is quite the political, partisan statement. Pretty much cancels out any point you're trying to make.

Oh...additionally it was announced yesterday that China is buying 300 planes from Airbus. I guess Boeing and the workforce around Seattle can be added to the growing numbers who can thank President Trump for harming their business and job prospects with his asinine trade wars.
I'm sure Boeing IS disappointed. But - and perhaps I'm a chorus of one - I find it problematic for us to be selling aircraft to China. Let them have Airbus or something from a Russian design bureau. The reasons why should be quite obvious.

--- End of line (MCP)

Last edited:

Cowdog

transporter said:

C: There were 290 planes similar to the 737 purchased by China. Now would any one person that is informed, purchase 737's at this moment? 737 was the fastest selling airframe in the world and has a backlog of 4600 units. Airbus, no so backlogged at around 100 units. Also both companies have plants in China. So the hurting for harm by someone outside of their respective business is negligible at best. Another swing and a miss. Strike X.......

Chris0nllyn

C: There were 290 planes similar to the 737 purchased by China. Now would any one person that is informed, purchase 737's at this moment? 737 was the fastest selling airframe in the world and has a backlog of 4600 units. Airbus, no so backlogged at around 100 units. Also both companies have plants in China. So the hurting for harm by someone outside of their respective business is negligible at best. Another swing and a miss. Strike X.......

You say no one would buy the MAX planes, then you state that Boeing has over 4,600 backlog order for the MAX planes.
Having plants in China doesn't really mean much. Boeing only opened their plant a few months ago and only did so because they have a joint venture with state-owned Commercial Aircraft Corp of China to build the finishing plant. Of course, they aren't finishing Airbus aircraft, so I'm not sure the point here.

Not that Boeing is hurting by any means. Ex-Im Bank makes sure of that.