The Lie I Tell My Husband Every Day To Keep Him Happy

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Honesty is a virtue most people would put at the top of their list of important parts of a relationship. Without honesty, there can’t be trust, and without trust, there can’t be love. I agree, and yet it’s a little more complicated than that.

I am married to a man who I knew for almost 10 years before he became my husband. When we got engaged, we had already been living together for quite a while, so besides having another ring on my finger, I didn’t think much would change after we got married.

But something was different. On an emotional level, I felt much more connected. We’ve made a commitment to one another to spend the rest of our lives together and to always try our best to make each other happy.

As nice as this sounds, it can be just as scary at the same time.

What makes me happy might not always make him happy, and vice versa. It’s about compromising and trying to find the right balance, I know that.

I’ve also found that it’s easier to tell my husband little white lies than to tell the truth at least for a happy marriage’s sake.

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
40 yrs ago, we moved into a barn. I was assured it was temporary.

Over the years, additions and improvements have been made.

Raised three kids, housed a sister and too-many-to-count friends over the years.

Last week, when hubby said he wanted to make such-n-such improvement, I said "Why do you want to put any more money into this temporary house?".

Do-Do hit the fan. This is a damn wonderful house, I had nothing to complain about, my home was a lot nicer than some peoples......

:sshrug: I wasn't complaining, just questioning. It's always been temporary to me. Guess I should have nagged and cut that lie off earlier.