The Long Knives Are Out For JK Rowling

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Sophie Gallagher, The Independent:

JK Rowling has defended a woman who lost her employment tribunal after her opinions on sex were ruled “absolutist”.
The Harry Potter author tweeted in support of Maya Forstater, 45, who was fired from her job at poverty think-tank, Centre for Global Development, over a series of tweets questioning government plans to allow people to self-identify as another gender.

https://pjmedia.com/trending/jk-rowling-in-trouble-for-believing-in-human-biology/

personally I don't care for the hypocritical harpy so I am enjoying this

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
J.K. Rowling Is Being Attacked For Saying Biological Sex Exists, Proving Again That Leftism Is An Anti-Science Cult

For a little bit of background, Maya Forstater is a researcher in the United Kingdom who recently lost her job for stating the scientific and indisputable fact that men cannot turn into women. Forstater went to court to win back her job but an employment judge ruled against her this week, declaring that Forstater’s belief in biological science is “not worthy of respect in a democratic society.” He also ruled that her views on biology do not “have the protected characteristic of philosophical belief.” On that point, he’s correct. It is not at all a “philosophical belief” that men can’t transition into women. It is a scientific fact. But a fact that, in these times, cannot be stated publicly.

J.K. Rowling was next in line for cancellation. The author came to Forstater’s defense, but did so in the mildest and most leftist-friendly way possible (or so she thought). Writing on Twitter, Rowling said: “Dress however you please. Call yourself whatever you like. Sleep with any consenting adult who’ll have you. Live your best life in peace and security. But force women out of their jobs for stating that sex is real?”

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
For a little bit of background, Maya Forstater is a researcher in the United Kingdom who recently lost her job for stating the scientific and indisputable fact that men cannot turn into women. Forstater went to court to win back her job but an employment judge ruled against her this week, declaring that Forstater’s belief in biological science is “not worthy of respect in a democratic society.”

THIS is coming to America, along with eroding freedoms of speech that are not compliant to the leftist hive mind. It is starting at the local level, most notably college campuses, and if you refuse to kneel before the altar of political correctness, you get ridiculed and publicly shamed. The left will continue their assault on your freedoms until those around you, in an attempt to avoid shaming and being ostracized by this new "enlightened" group think will readily accept anything that this new society imposes to maintain acceptance.

If I was a freedom loving potential candidate for any state or national office, I'm clipping this article and any articles similar to it and I'm running on this. The left does not stand for equality, they demand fealty and compliance which is the exact opposite of what this country was founded upon.

*I'm kom526 and I approve this message

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
So what happens when Rowling actually tweets scientific facts about sex? The same people who spent days laboring on an original Potter reference for their protest signs have called for her literary exile, labeling the author a “cruel,” “transphobic” “bigot.” Too much ink has been spilled over the last week claiming Rowling is now Voldemort Junior.

Perhaps, as Vox paid a 19-year old intern to write, it’s because of the toxic British culture that just rejected Jeremy Corbyn. Or, as CNN opined, it’s a red letter day for understanding anti-LGBT bigotry. Perhaps upon further thought, declared Vice, Rowling’s writings underlined a deep hatred of the intersex all along. The Washington Post understands that even though their owner got rich off of the sales of Potter books on Amazon, Rowling has finally disconnected from her audience.

After all, HP lore has mythical powers to some readers. For example, if it helped you come out as transgender, as one op-ed in The New York Times declared, the author’s tweet is a betrayal of the first order.

It’s made even worse by the fact that Rowling isn’t backing down. She declined a request to meet with transgender activists selected by the activist group GLAAD. Furthermore, her biggest backers, like Mark Hamill, have been forced by the Twitter mob to apologize for even liking her tweet. Now that she’s lost Luke Skywalker, the Potter creator’s playing a role in destroying two geek fiction franchises.

https://thefederalist.com/2019/12/2...trate-j-k-rowling-over-trans-critical-tweets/

glhs837

Power with Control
I'm loving the fact that refusing to actively defend the insanity that pretending to be a thing makes you that thing in all ways now makes you the Enemy. What next, refusing to acknowledge that a Furry is not in fact a real fox/cat/dragon means you are a bigot?

You can believe that trans folks should not be punished for wanting to dress and act like a woman, heck even go along with calling them she/her without having to believe that they are actual women. Knowing, and saying they do not in fact have periods, nor a uterus, or breasts does not make you any sort of phobe.

Hijinx

I mainly just laugh to myself when I see them.
Sometimes I laugh out loud.

I guess that makes me something, I don't know quite the word for it, but I also laugh at those who make excuses for them and try to act politically correct, when I know that they know the truth too.
Being polite to these people is one thing fooling them and yourself into thinking they are something they aren't is plain stupid.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
According to the Daily Mail, staff for Hachette’s children’s department voiced their outrage over the company still carrying Rowling’s new book, “The Ickabog,” despite her views on transgenderism.

“Staff in the children’s department at Hachette announced they were no longer prepared to work on the book,” an inside source told the outlet. “They said they were opposed to her comments and wanted to show support for the trans lobby. These staff are all very ‘woke,’ mainly in their twenties and early thirties, and apparently it is an issue they feel very strongly about.”

Another source told the outlet that “it was a handful of staff,” and that they will soon be talking with their managers.

“It was a handful of staff, and they are entitled to their views,” said the source. “If they were being asked to edit a book on domestic abuse, and they were a survivor of domestic abuse, of course they would never be forced to work on it. But this is a children’s fairy tale. It is not the end of the world. They will all be having chats with their managers.”

https://www.dailywire.com/news/publ...-to-strike-if-company-keeps-j-k-rowlings-book

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
JK Rowling Fires Back At Critics Who Called Her ‘Transphobic,’ Shames Detractors For Failing To Protect Women’s Rights

“Harry Potter” author J.K. Rowling torched critics of her “trans-exclusionary radical feminism” on social media over the weekend, after a member of the United Kingdom’s Labour Party issued a tepid apology for accusing Rowling of weaponizing her history of sexual assault and domestic violence.

Labour MP Lloyd Russell-Moyle apologized to Rowling on Twitter Sunday without tagging her directly, and after claiming, in a lengthy op-ed for a British newspaper, that Rowling was using her history of sexual assault — a history she revealed in detail in a heavily personal essay published last week — as a “justification” for “discriminating” against transgender individuals.

In the piece, Rowling says she is “a domestic abuse and sexual assault survivor” and that she stands up for women’s rights, even in the face of pushback from transgender activists, because she believes women-only spaces and women’s safety are under direct attack from efforts to erase the concept of gender.

Reactions: BOP

Hijinx

Why do so many people cater to these sick individuals ?
We can have empathy for anyone with mental illness but we recognize it as what it is. Mental Illness.

And cutting their dick off doesn't make them women, just ugly men with no dick.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
More Than 50 Prominent British Writers Rally To Defend J.K. Rowling Against Online Vitriol

Published in this weekend’s The Sunday Times, the letter calls the “hate speech” lodged at the “Harry Potter” author an “insidious, authoritarian and misogynistic trend in social media.” Signatories include authors Ian McEwan, Lionel Shriver, and Susan Hill, actors Griff Rhys Jones and Frances Barber, and TV writer Graham Linehan.

“Rowling has consistently shown herself to be an honourable and compassionate person, and the appalling hashtag #RIPJKRowling is just the latest example of hate speech directed against her and other women that Twitter and other platforms enable and implicitly endorse,” the letter reads.

For more than a year now, Rowling has critiqued transgender ideology, explaining how denying biological reality hurts women. She doubled down on her beliefs in the face of intense backlash this summer, self-publishing a long essay on why she is speaking out on sex and gender. “Harry Potter” fans and transgender activists called the essay “devastating.”

• Love

Clem72

She invited all this bullshit onto herself when she decided to start making an overt issue about the sexual preferences of the characters in her children's books. She did it for the atta boys, but once you invite that scrutiny you have to commit to being 100% woke or you will fall out of favor.