The M-16 / M4 Has Finally Been Fixed

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I'm thinking I should be working at Ft Belvoir, not Pax.

A friend I worked with in the 90's was a green beret in Vietnam, and was issued the M4 carbine. After his first firefight at night, he ditched it for either an M16 or an AK. The Green Beret unit he was in fought alongside a battalion of South Vietnamese Regulars that they had trained, the problem arose when he fired his weapon the huge muzzle flash gave away the position of every American fighting with the South Vietnamese.

I can understand the M4 for urban or close(r) in battles, but would still prefer the M16A2 over it. You have to make choices, give and take, and I'd prefer to have the "Reach out and touch someone" capability of the M16, yet it seems more and more are choosing the "cool factor" over the capabilities.

Personally I'd prefer to have several weapons to chose from, but most in the military get a single weapon and have to learn to live what they are issued, and if that's the case, the M16 (of the weapons the US has to chose from) would be my choice.

Last edited:

Dougstermd

ORGASM DONOR
"There isn't another company that offers these features in their products. It is a practical, versatile system."

this is such an easy sentence to write for a sole source order why can't every battalion write one?

itsbob

I bowl overhand
AK-74me said:
M4 you mean? I hope?
Oops, yep, M4..

Of course my personal weapon in Germany was the M3, .45 Grease Gun.. but I also had several others at my disposal other than my personal weapon. Grease Gun would not be my first choice either.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
Anyone else see this quote in the article .......... -On the Capitol Police- "The entire department had their g36's melted down and replaced with Rock River Gov't models."

Now I am a Rock River fan myself and own an AR made by them but melting down G36's?

R

RadioPatrol

itsbob said:
Oops, yep, M4..

Of course my personal weapon in Germany was the M3, .45 Grease Gun.. but I also had several others at my disposal other than my personal weapon. Grease Gun would not be my first choice either.

I was always a fan of the Mac 10 , Mac 10 w/Suppresor probably not much more accurate then across my living room but IMHO bad ass looking none the less ........

Last edited by a moderator:
R

RadioPatrol

itsbob said:
I'm thinking I should be working at Ft Belvoir, not Pax.

Personally I'd prefer to have several weapons to chose from, but most in the military get a single weapon and have to learn to live what they are issued, and if that's the case, the M16 (of the weapons the US has to chose from) would be my choice.

like this M16 / M203