The Macallan Just Released the Oldest Single Malt Scotch Ever

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

At 81 years, it's a record-breaking release by the Speyside distillery, and limited to just 288 bottles at $125,000 each

But that record was just broken by The Macallan. Just released, The Reach is an 81 year-old single Scotch malt whisky distilled in 1940 — the distillery says it’s their oldest release ever, and from what we can tell, it’s now the oldest by anyone.

The 288 available decanters of the liquid ($125,000 each) are housed in mouth-blown glass, cradled by three bronze hands created by Scottish sculptor Saskia Robinson. According to the Speyside distillery, each hand “represents those who played a part in this whisky and The Macallan’s legacy from 1940 to the modern day and beyond” (that would include the distillery workers in 1940, former chairman Allan Shiach and current Master Whisky Maker Kirsteen Campbell, who selected the cask). A cabinet housing the decanter was crafted using wood from a fallen elm tree, which is thought to have been on The Macallan Estate in 1940.

NextJen

Raisin cane
Whoo-whee! And I thought Blanton's Bourbon was expensive!
Someone else buy one and tell me how good it is!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
When you have far too much money, that's what you do with it - buy a bottle of $125k Scotch.

The liberal in me rails against this elitism and conspicuous consumption. :mad:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
When you have far too much money, that's what you do with it - buy a bottle of $125k Scotch.

And the Libertarian in me says if they can get some fool to pay them 125Gs for a bottle of hooch from a cask they totally lost track of and just rediscovered. :whoohoo:

Funniest part is, most will never taste how bad it became since they'll never open it.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
And the Libertarian in me says if they can get some fool to pay them 125Gs for a bottle of hooch from a cask they totally lost track of and just rediscovered. :whoohoo:

Funniest part is, most will never taste how bad it became since they'll never open it.

I completely agree with both of those thoughts. :yay:

My problem is that the folks who can buy a $125k bottle of Scotch are typically the same ones who pander to the progs by crying about "equity".

AnthonyJames

R.I.P. My Brother Rick

Isn't that about $2,500 a shot?

I'll make you a deal, I'll buy a shot and let you lick my lips for 5 bucks.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
There goes your golden parachute.....
giphy.gif

limblips

PREMO Member
I have to admit it. I am a scotch addict and I need my Joe Biden health scotch package. A nice scotch glass and a shot of this will lead me down the healthy addiction route.