The Mainstream Media Is at the Point of No Return

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The Nicholas Sandmann story infuriates me.

ACLU Staffer Attacks University for Accepting ‘Provocateur in Training’ Nick Sandmann

An ACLU Kentucky communications associate criticized Transylvania University on Saturday for accepting Nick Sandmann, the high school student who sued major news outlets for their coverage of a controversial interaction he and several of his classmates had with a Native American activist.

“Does anyone else think it’s a bit of a stain on Transylvania University for accepting Nick Sandman [sic]? I’m sure it’s a “both sides” defense, but it’s pretty counter to their mission and another instance of there not actually being equal sides to an issue,” ACLU’s Samuel Crankshaw said in a Facebook post first uncovered by Jonathan Turley.

“I think TU should accept anyone willing to have an open mind and engage in debate, regardless of their views. That’s how we all learn,” he continued. “But this kid clearly is a provocateur in training with no intention of learning. He exists only to troll, intimidate and play victim.”

An assistant professor and diversity scholar at the university, Dr. Avery Tompkins, commented on the post calling Sandmann’s “public behavior and rhetoric atrocious and uninformed” and saying he would closely monitor Sandmann at the school.

stgislander

PREMO Member
“I think TU should accept anyone willing to have an open mind and engage in debate, regardless of their views. That’s how we all learn,” he continued. “But this kid clearly is a provocateur in training with no intention of learning. He exists only to troll, intimidate and play victim.”
I'm not sure if I should laugh, cry, or be angry. Maybe all three.

Reactions: BOP

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Dr. Avery Tompkins, commented on the post calling Sandmann’s “public behavior and rhetoric atrocious and uninformed” and saying he would closely monitor Sandmann at the school.

Such a good little fascist.

Reactions: BOP

Hijinx

If Sandman were one of his fellow fascists he would be encouraging him.
To threaten this young man in such a way id unacceptable and if TU were worth a sh1t they they would fire
Professor Dr.Avery Tompkins. This a-hole is a diversity scholar???????---give me a freaking break.
Anyone stupid enough to come out with a statement saying they would be watching this kids actions is too stupid to be teaching at any college, much less teaching diversity.

glhs837

Power with Control
From the bio.....

Courses Taught at Transy
FYS/FYRS/August Term
Introduction to Sociology
Introduction to Women’s Studies
Research Methods
Transgender Studies
Trans Memoir and Creative Non-Fiction
Queer Critiques
Activism and Social Media
Sociology of the Body
Politics of Identity
Contested Masculinities
Areas of Research
Qualitative methods and ethnography
Teaching, learning, and pedagogy
Genders and sexualities
Queer studies and theories
Queer ruralities and queer ecologies
Sociology of the body
Sociology of technology
Social inequalities and intersectionality
Everyday activism and resistance
Communities and collective identities

Not sure what about Sandmann "intersects" with her areas of "expertise".

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

BOP

Oh crap yes and my car is a 2005 with 216,000 miles Give me a freaking break
Mine's a 2020 with 1,300 miles on it...and the warranty companies are alarmed that something catastropic may happen, and me, without any extended coverage.